West Bengal - Obtain a Fire Safety Recommendation Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant may approach “Director General Fire and Emergency Services” OR “Deputy Director Fire Services” for applying.
- Following link provides contact details: Contacts link
- Make sure that you have required documents to process your request.
- Please confirm that you are eligible to apply.
- Applicant must submit the completed form with required documents to the issuing authority.
- Your application will be accepted with advised fee as per authorities.
- This application will be processed further.
- Date for inspection will be notified to applicant.
- On the said date verification of document, Inspection of site, Check for provision for fire exit, fire extinguisher and its validity and other scrutiny will be carried out. Especially expiry of any of the stocks.
- If everything in place and upon satisfactory grounds the safety recommendation certificate will be issued.
- Applicant on notification can collect certificate from “Director General Fire and Emergency Services” OR “Deputy Director Fire Services”.
- Note: Grant or rejection of certificate depends on the department decision.
Apply Online Type1
- Following link takes you to the Online portal e-Bangla : Link for e-Bangla
- Please select “Application for Fire Safety Recommendation” option on the left part of the page under “ e-Services” menu
- In the next window, login using the credentials.
- In the new page enter / select prompted details to complete the procedure. You will also be required to upload documents as applicable. Once all the necessary actions are completed, please hit save button to view the completed details for any error or mistake.
- If all are OK, please hit “Submit” button to reach dash board.
- Once the online applying is over, The application will be processed as per in how to apply procedure to renew the license.
Apply Online Type2
- To apply online, please click on option “Application for Fire safety recommendation” in the following link : Online link
- You will get the next screen where you would have to login. If you don’t have an user login, please create a new user account by selecting the “Create New Account” option to create user name and password.
- Now use the user name and password to login to reach the next page.
- From this point onwards applicant will be directed to the “Apply Online TYPE 1” page and the same set of procedure should be followed for obtaining safety recommendation certificate
- Note : Application can be filled online and the printout of the duly filled application form along with the required documents can be sent by post or can be dropped in the drop boxes in the respective address.
- Application form for applying. Applicant can collect application form from fire stations. Link for fire station : Station Link
- Two Copies of Site Plan of the Warehouse or Work Shop drawn to the scale of 1cm=1mtr.
- A statement showing the name and maximum quantity of hazardous substances to be stored or processed in the premises.
- A statement showing the details of fire safety measures available.
- Building plan application form with the signatures of land owner and licensed surveyor.
- Aadhaar card of the applicant.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Fire Brigade Head Quarter
13D, Mirza Ghalib Street, Kolkata- 700016
Telephone: 2252 1165, 2252 6164, 2252 3170,
2252 2222 - 8 (7 lines), 2227 6666
Mobile: 8584027148, 8584027149, 8584027150
Fax: +2252 2223
Contacts link: Link for contact
- For those to carry out businesses and trading activities, as listed under in the West Bengal Fire and Rescue Services Rules.
- Those proposing to construct multi stories building.
- Factories or Industries manufacturing products.
- Cinema halls.
- Hotels, Cracker shop, Stores etc,.
- As advised by authorities.
- Fees varies with difference in size
Fire license expires in one year. Every one year, the license would have to be renewed with the renewed fire safety recommendation certificate.�
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be 30 working days.
West Bengal - Obtain A Fire Safety Recommendation Certificate
Fire safety recommendation certificate should be applied for hospitals, schools etc. Following are the some of the things that would be taken into consideration when providing the certificate.
- Height of the Building
- Type of Occupancies
- Type of Hazards
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- Any person proposing to construct a high rise building or buildings of public congregation like Malls, schools, cinema halls, function halls, religious places should get Fire Safety License from the Divisional Fire Officer and the same has to be renewed before it lapses.
- Fire Safety Recommendation Certificate is a mandatory document to obtain fire safety certificate.
- To ensure that the building are built and maintained with adequate safe guards to prevents the occurrence of fire or to contains fire occurring in a high risk buildings including all high rise buildings greater than 14.5 meter in height has to acquire fire safety recommendation certificate from “Director General Fire and Emergency Services” OR “Deputy Director Fire Services”.
- People need to take preventive measures. It is the responsibility of Industrialists, owners and occupants of multi-storied buildings, commercial complexes, educational institutions, cracker manufacturers etc. to follow the fire safety norms to ensure safer society.
Information which might help
- Bigger buildings should have showers and sprinklers to wet the surface.
- Every floor should have two fire extinguishers.
- Number of fire extinguishers to go up depending on the area.
- Flame and smoke detectors needed.
- NOTE : Establishments which meets the required parameters and running without fire license will have to face legal actions and penalty.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Used for applying insurance
- For rental / sale of the building