West Bengal - Obtain a Family Member Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You can obtain a Family Member Certificate through your Taluk / Thasildhar or through the District Civil Court of your area.
- The best approach would be to get in touch with the Taluk / Thasildhar office of your area they should be able to provide you with the certificate or in some cases you might be asked to contact a lawyer in District Civil Court to get it done.
- Based on the report of the Village Administrative Officer and Revenue Inspector and after due enquiry, this certificate is issued by the Concerned Authority mentioning the names of all legal heirs of the deceased.
Apply through SDO center
- Family Member Certificate request is applied by the citizen at the SDO center. This request can be accessed by the Thaasildhaar and processed.
- Application for Family Member Certificate can be collected from respective SDO center. Following link can provide you information related to nearest SDO Centers : Link for SDO
- Go to your area SDO center. Get the required application form.
- Fill the form with details correctly and affix 2Rs stamp
- Attach all the required documents along with the completed application form
- Submit the documents to the authorized officer in center
- The application will be verified by the Village Administrative Officer (VAO) and Revenue Inspector (RI).
- There will be a ground level verification and scrutiny of the documents and details provided.
- Once the verification is over , these officials will submit their report to the Thaasildhaar.
- Thaasildhaar will decide to issue the Family Member Certificate to the applicant.
- Application form : Can be obtained from respective Thaasildhaar office
- Your identity documents such as Permanent Account Number (PAN), Ration card, Aadhar card
- Ration card, EPIC Card
- Aadhaar card
- Date of birth certificate such as 10th Standard certificate
- Death Certificate (of the deceased)
- Proof of residence such as Voters card, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill
- Passport size photographs
- A Gazette officer attested and duly signed bond paper on the proforma
Office Locations & Contacts
- GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
Office of the Sub-Divisional Officer Alipore (Sadar),
South 24-Parganas, New Treasury Building (3rd Floor),
Alipore, Kolkata - 700 027
Phone No. : 033 24791681, Fax No. 033 24399829,
Link for SDO Offices: SDO link
Sub Divisional Officer,
Room No. 46 (General Section)
North 24 Parganas
Hooghly District magistrate & collector's Office,
Wife or Husband or Son or Daughter or Mother may apply for family member certificate in a family
The validity period of this certificate has been enhanced to life long as per GO
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be 30 days.
West Bengal - Obtain A Family Member Certificate
You can obtain a Family Member Certificate by applying in person and online. You should have valid documents such as ration card, pan card, voter id card. You should manually complete the application forms and submit in the respective MRO office of your area. The main applicant should claim as the head of the family while applying. The main applicant should submit passport size photographs with the application.
The following information is required to complete the application form.
- Full Name of the applicant
- Other family members names (who are alive)
- Applicants Date of birth
- Relationship to the applicant
- Every family members date of birth
- Every applicants occupation
- Passport Size photographs of the applicant
- Gazetted officer should duly attest the application form
- Gazetted officer should duly sign on the bond paper with the proper proforma
- Xerox copy of the family head death certificate
- Xerox copy of the completed application
Need for the Document
- If the head or a member of the family expires, the next direct family member of the deceased such as the wife or husband or son or daughter or mother may apply for family member / proper person certificate for the purpose of transferring Electricity connection, House Tax, Telephone connection/patta transfer, Bank Account, etc.
- If the person who died is a Government servant, Family Member Certificate is issued for sanction of family pension, and for getting appointment on compassionate grounds.
- To establish relationship for claims relating to Insurance, pension, retirement benefits or service benefits of central and state government departments, Government undertakings etc.
- In legal succession cases to get succession certificate to establish the relationship
- This certificate is required to claim the bank balance that was unclaimed by the account holder after death.
Information which might help
- This certificate can be used for several years.
- Fill the application details correctly without any mistake.
- Family member certificate is not a Legal Heir certificate
- NOTE : It is a punishable offense to try with fraudulent documents to get a Family member certificate�
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
The Family Member certificate is used as a proof when you are selling or moving your property household.
More information which might help people.