West Bengal - Obtain Permission for Disposal of Solid Waste
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain permission for disposal of Solid Wastes in person, the proponent has to visit the Regional office of the West Bengal Pollution Control Board.
- The Regional Office can be visited or contacted with the help the link given below: Link
- Visit the Regional Office and get the Application form or refer the “Documents to use” section in this page.
- Please fill the application with information and details as applicable for obtaining permission for Disposal of Solid wastes. Tick mark “Disposal at landfill” option under ‘Authorization required’ part of the application form. Then, it should be attested with the applicant’s signature.
- Make sure that you have all the documents that are listed in “Required Documents” section of this page. Attach all the important documents mentioned and those relevant to your need.
- Then, it should be submitted at the Regional office of the West Bengal Pollution Control Board which will be further forwarded to the concerned officials. They would check the application and attached documents if there is any deficiency.
- Once when all the furnished information is found sufficient by the Engineer or officer concerned, the report shall be submitted to the Board within 24 hours without fail.
- After further processes, the hard copy of the signed Authorization order shall be despatched from the Board within a day of approval, to the proponent.
- To obtain permission for disposal of Solid Wastes, you have to visit the OCMMS module in WBPCB website using the following link: Link
- If you already have an Industry registration, click the “Industrial login” radio button in User login tab and enter the user details, click “Login” button. Else, make a new registration by clicking on “New Industry Registration” button in the “User Login” tab.
- In the registration page, select the “Industry” or “Health care Establishment” radio button in the field “Registration for” and click “Submit” button. Your “User ID” and an one time “Password” will be provided which can be changed later.
- Registration details will appear on the top of the screen, note it down. Then, click “Home” tab at the left side of the page to login. Click on “Industry login” radio button and login using the Username and Password.
- After logging in, you will have to change the existing password with a new one and then log in again using the Username and changed password. Edit your “Industry details” if you want by clicking on “Edit” button.
- Click on “Solid Waste Management Authorization” tab (present at the top). Then, click and select “Apply for SWM” option in the drop-down menu that appears.
- Application module will open. Fill all the mandatory fields and upload required documents by clicking on “Choose File” button.
- Please fill the application with information and details as applicable for obtaining permission for Disposal of Solid wastes. Select “Disposal at landfill” check box under ‘Authorization required’ field of the application.
- Also upload the relevant documents required for Permission of Solid waste Disposal by clicking on “Choose File” button.
- Proceed to add the fees details in “Fee” tab and upload documents in “Documents” tab by clicking on “Upload” button and “Save” button.
- When completed filling the application, click on “Completed” radio button to submit the application. After successful submission of the application, it will be taken to the glance of concerned officials for verification and further processes.
- If the authorities find any mistake in the application or documents attached, it will be returned to the industry and the industry can find it in the “Completed Application” tab in the OCMMS module.
- And if the authorization has been sanctioned, the User can view and download the certificate in OCMMS module.
- Copy of Site clearance (local body)
- Environmental Clearance Proof copy
- Duly filled application form (Form-I)
- Lay out map of the site
- Land alienation order
- Consent for establishment copy
- Copy of Agreement between municipal authority and operating agency
- Documented copy of Investment on the project and expected return
Office Locations & Contacts
West Bengal Pollution Control Board,
Department of Environment, Govt. of West Bengal
Paribesh Bhawan, 10A, Block-LA,
- Industries applying for the Authorization should possess valid Consent to Establish or Renewal of consent order.
- The Occupier applying for the authorization must be familiar with the technology selecting criteria for Treatment of solid wastes which is available in the link below: Link
- The occupier carrying out Disposal of solid wastes should be aware of the act amended on the Management of Solid Wastes. To download, use the link given below: Link
The fees structure or detailed information about the fees for the application authorization can be obtained from the Board Personnel.
The authorization is valid for a period of five years.
Documents to Use
Application form for the authorization can be found in page number 72 of the following document: Link
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
SPCC or SPCB issue the authorization within a period of sixty days in Form II to the applicant or occupier, on receiving all the information pertaining to the authorization.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- SPCC or SPCB suspend or cancel the authorization any time, if the local body or operator of the facility fails to operate the facility as per the conditions stipulated.
- The local body shall be notified prior to the cancellation of authorization.
- It has to be ensured that applicants should not have submitted applications for Municipal Solid Waste authorization using more than one User Id for the industry location.
- Any unauthorized change in personnel, equipment or working conditions as mentioned in the application by the person authorized shall constitute a transgression of his authorization.
- Details of the industry
- Address and contact Details of the occupier
- Investment and capital details
- Date of commissioning
- Quantity of waste to be disposed
Need for the Document
The authorization for Municipal Solid Wastes is essential for Disposal of Solid Wastes with prior permission and oversight of the Pollution Control Board authorities.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.