West Bengal - Obtain Duplicate Copy for SSLC MarkList
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The duplicate certificate issuing authority for the state is the state education board - “West Bengal Board of Secondary Education”
- Candidates can get the Duplicate Copy of Mark List in case of loss of certificate or destroyed by flood or fire.
- Immediately on loss of original certificate the candidate must lodge a complaint in the nearest Police Station. If the certificate is not traceable, the candidate should obtain a non-traceable certificate from the Police.
- Based on the above Non-traceable certificate, loss certificate from the Tahsildar concerned may be obtained.
- If the certificate is totally destroyed by flood or fire, a certificate to the effect has to be obtained from the Tahsildar concerned.
- If the certificate is partially damaged and cannot be used, the same should be enclosed with the application for duplicate. In this case there is no need to get non-traceable certificate from Police or from Tahsildar.
Apply In-Person through School
- Application should be in the prescribed form. Application form should be filled in by the applicant only.
- Please go to the school/institution where applicant studied SSLC. Please obtain the application form from the office as advised by the school or write on a plain A4 sheet.
- Link for online form : link
- Submit originals along with Xerox of all documents (FIR, AFFIDAVIT, marks card Xerox, application form, bank challan as appropriate).
- The Head Master / Head Mistress of the concerned school will counter sign the application and sent to the state education board.
- Signed Xerox copy will be returned to applicant for further reference.
- The loss of certificate will be published in Gazette by the state education board, A copy of the notification along with the application will be subjected for further processing.
- The application will be scrutinized and certificate will be prepared.
- The candidate will be informed to collect the certificate. With the letter received from the state education board the candidate should approach the office of the state education board and receive the certificate.
Direct Private Candidates
- For those who wrote plus two examination directly (Private candidates)
- For the candidates appeared privately for the examination the application for C.C.M should be endorsed by the Head of the Institution where the candidates completed VIIIth or IXth or Xth standard.
- The application should be forwarded to the respective office directly with required documents.
- Application form
- Affidavit on prescribed stamp paper.
- Applicants passport size photograph (may be asked to produce the photo at the time where applicant appeared for examination)
- Self declaration
- Reason for applying CCM.
- Challan for the fees remitted.
- Aadhaar Card
- Copy of Mark sheet
- Self-addressed envelope with applicable stamp (Please write the full address of the applicant for delivery of certificate)
Office Locations & Contacts
West Bengal Board of Secondary Education
77/2, Park Street. Kolkata-70016
Phone: 033-2226-8594/8595, 033-2229-8596/97/98, 033-22299660
Link for contact information: Contacts link
- Students who have completed their plus two and obtained original mark sheet are eligible to apply.
- Please remit the fees as advised by authorities while applying.
- Certified Copy of Marklist (C.C.M.) is valid for a short period as mentioned on the certificate.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- You will get certified mark sheet at your address within 1 month time
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Candidates can get this certificate in case of loss or destroyed by flood or fire. Certified Copy of Mark List is only valid for short time duration whereas Duplicate mark list is valid for ever.
- The application and its necessary enclosures should be endorsed by the Head of their respective educational institution where the studied.
- Challan Number
- Declaration by the candidates separately
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the applicant
- Father's Name
- Date of Birth
- School where the applicant last Studied
- Serial number of the original plus two mark list
Need for the Document
- CCM is required when the Higher secondary (Plus Two) mark sheet is partially damaged and cannot be used.
- CCM is required as a document while applying for higher studies.
Information which might help
- Don’t handover cash to any individual
- Please write your complete address on the envelop and affix applicable stamp.
- The Higher secondary (Plus Two) mark sheet is obtained by a student on successful completion of an examination at the end of study at the Higher secondary schooling level.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.