West Bengal - Obtain Caste Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply through State Portal: - West Bengal Obtain Caste Certificate through State Portal Online With Images
- Please visit the website : Online portal where you have to select “Application for SC/ST/OBC Certificate” tab
- A new screen will be provided. User has to enter name and mobile number under “Full name” and “Mobile” prompt and then hit “Send OTP” tab (once you provide the OTP as per prompt, a new page to will be provided for you to register). If you are a registered user, then use the “Already a user click here to sign in” option provided below the “Send OTP” tab
- In the given page, please complete the “user name” and “password” prompt and then hit “Login” tab
- In the next window, User shall complete the page prompt with details and requirements as appropriate for each session and hit “Submit”.
- After the successful submission of online application, system generated acknowledgement will popup. Please see the below image.
- Applicant shall take print out of the application and meet the respective department official for further processing.
- Under the online portal please click select “View Status Of Application” option to get information of the application status by filling the application number on the box given.
- Applicant take printout of the application.
Issue of certificate:
- Within two months of filing application, please submit print out of the application and hard copy of all the required proofs to your
- Before going to any office please call the office and confirm the date for submission
- Authorities of respective office will guide you to issue the certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Income Certificate
- Voter(if available)
- Ration Card
- Certificate from Panchayet/municipality
- BDO certificate
- Residence proof
- Family land document
- Family members caste certificates
Office Locations & Contacts
- GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
Office of the Sub-Divisional Officer Alipore (Sadar),
South 24-Parganas, New Treasury Building (3rd Floor),
Alipore, Kolkata - 700 027
Phone No. : 033 24791681, Fax No. 033 24399829,
E-mail: [email protected]
- Applicant must belong to reserved category as Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, and Other backward Community.
- Applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- Applicant must be residing in state
- Applicant should complete age of 3 years to apply for community certificate.
- Note : Please check all eligibility criteria then also check list of documents required for applying for community certificate.
- There is no fees while applying online
- Note: Authorities will provide information on fees
Certificate is valid for entire life
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
80 to 90 days
West Bengal - Obtain Caste Certificate
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of the Applicant
- Father/Husbands Name
- Sex (M/F)
- Residential Address
- Ration Card No (Copy to be enclosed)
- School Leaving Certificate / Transfer Certificate(Copy to be enclosed)
- Details of Community Certificate of Parents
- Details of School Certificates of Parents
- Date of application
Need for the Document
- Community Certificate is also known as caste certificate. Community certificate is a legal proof of community that the person to whom it is being issued belongs to reserved community like scheduled caste, scheduled tribe and other backward classes.
- Caste certificate is an important certificate to avail certain benefits provided by Government for the socially backward communities in education and employment opportunities for their betterment.
- Students especially require the caste certificates to secure their seat in institution
- This is valid for securing admission in all Educational Institutions and other professional institutions and also for employment.
Information which might help
- This certificate can be used for several years.
- An individual cannot change his / her caste once he/she issued the caste certificate. However, while converting into another religion, the class may change necessitating a new caste/community certificate.
- NOTE : It is a punishable offense to try with fraudulent documents to get a community certificate
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
The caste certificate works as the proof that you are from reserved category. The candidates who are having the particular certificate of any minority class come under the reserved quota. The govt provides them various kinds of facilities under the Constitution of our country. Under the govt schemes the citizens who get the certificate for their reserved class can get the special opportunities to their growth. The caste certificate for SC, ST and OBC can use by the candidates for lots of purposes as here we going to give some of examples in below mention list.
- Seats quota reservation for joining or applying in recruitment, appointment
- Seats quota reservation for admission in collages, institutes or universities
- Fees relaxation for application or joining in any recruitment or appointment
- Fees relaxation for annual, classes or admission in collage, institutes or universities
- Upper age limits relaxation for recruitment or appointment
- Upper age limits relaxation for collage, institution or universities for admission
- Educational qualification marks relaxation for recruitment or appointment joining
- Education qualification marks relaxation for admission in collages, institutions or any university
- Govt and non govt schemes and programmes through welfare department like for loan for education, house or business
- Govt and non govt schemes and programmes of self employment and personality development
Along with above mention facilities to having the caste certificates he / she can get the help for social growth ??????? ????? and can live life without discrimination ?????? ?? ????. However we know very well that right now also in some remote mountainous terrain ??????? ?? ?????? ????? the discrimination is prevalent. The citizens of scheduled caste, scheduled tribes and other backward classes can move with the society step by step and can find the way of living with rights.
More information which might help people.