West Bengal - Obtain Birth or Death Certificate Non Availability
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
One has to go to municipal main office to get non availability certificate for both birth and death.
- Office address
- KMC Main Office,
- Health Department at 5, S.N. Banerjee Road,
- Kolkata - 700 013.
- KMC Main Office,
- Applicant has to go to the Municipal office and apply by filling up the form 10 for non availability of certificate. Link for municipality contact details: Municipality contact link
- Applicant has to complete the form and submit along with the required documents and prescribed fees to the issuing officer.
- Authorities will verify the details and documents to process further. Applicant will be communicated for any clarifications.
- On the satisfactory grounds, Applicant will be notified to collect the certificate
- Application Form 10
- Voter ID card
- Educational Record
- Ration Card
- Aadhaar card
- Residential Proof
Office Locations & Contacts
- Department of Municipal Affairs
DF-8, Sector-I, Salt Lake, Kolkata - 700064
- The License Officer,
5, S.N.Banerjee Road,
Kolkata 700 013, India
Ph : +91 33 2286-1000 (28 Lines), WhatsApp :Ph:8335988888
Control Room : +91 33 2286-1212/1313/1414
Fax +91 33 2286-1444
Call Centre - Working Days
Mon-Fri : 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Sat : 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Ph : 155360 , 2226-9909 , 18003453375 (Toll Free)
Contact Link: Link 1 and Link 2
- Any citizen or any foreigner's legal heir, the birth or death of whose relative takes place in the State.
- Parents and relatives of the deceased.
- In case of birth certificate – the person himself.
- Death Certificate valid forever
- Birth certificate is valid forever
- Non availability certificate is valid forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
3 to 4 days
West Bengal - Obtain Birth Or Death Certificate Non Availability
It is necessary to obtain a Birth or Death Certificate immediately after Birth or Death. In an event of Birth or Death not registered, a Non-availability certificate can be obtained.
- For Birth Certificate
- Name, Date of Birth, Age, Sex to whom the certificate is required
- Name of the Father
- Name of the Mother
- Place of Birth
- For Death Certificate
- Name of Deceased
- Date of Death
- Name of Father/Husband of the Deceased
- Address of Deceased
- Place of Death
Need for the Document
- As per the Registration of Births and Deaths Act 1969, it is mandatory to register every death with the concerned State Government within 21 days of its occurrence. If not registered within 21 days, permission has to be obtained from the Registrar / Area Magistrate by paying prescribed fee for late registration and can get birth and death certificate.
- It is essential to register Birth and Death to prove the time and date of Birth and Death.
- Birth or Death, if found not registered, a Non-availability certificate can be obtained from municipal Office.
- Note: In West Bengal the period for registering has been extended to 1 year for birth and death.
Information which might help
- If you report the death within 21 days of occurrence, you can obtain free copy of the death certificate/extract after verification.
- Deaths taking place in a medical institution will be intimated for registration by the institution directly to the registering authority.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.