West Bengal - Modify or Correct Revenue Records
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply through Apna CSC Online
- Use the following link to locate CSC Center:CSC LINK
- Go to your CSC center and apply by submitting the required documents.
- Submit your details to correct records. Clerk at “apna CSC” centre will do the online process for completing the application procedure. After the process is completed, applicant will receive transaction number in his registered mobile number.
- This number will be helpful to track the application status. This request will go to respective Thaasildhaar for further processing.
- After internal processing and verification, Thaasildhaar will do the changes and applicant will be intimated through letter to come in person for signing in registries.
- On the said date applicant has to appear and do as per advise from authorities to complete the procedure
Apply through e-District: - West Bengal Modify or Correct Revenue Records through e-District Online With Images
- Please use the following link which would take you to the e-District portal: e-district login link
- Registered user shall enter their username, password and captcha as per prompt to login by hitting “Login” tab. New user shall use the “citizen registration” option to register and then login
- A new screen will be provided. Please select “Land & land reforms” option under “Department” to get sub option on the right part of the screen. Here select “Issuance of certified copy of ROR” option to reach next screen.
- In the next window, User shall go through the information provided and hit “Apply” tab.
- A new screen will be provided. Please select the “Application for issuance of certified copy of RoR” option. An extended set of prompts will be provided. Complete the prompts as appropriate and hit “Search”.
- In continuation of the above steps, user has to complete the Applicant’s Basic Information, Payment for issuance of ROR and hit “Pay” tab.
- Once all the above steps are completed, user will get acknowledgement for the submission of online application form . Please keep it safe for future reference by using “Print” tab to print it.
- After the acknowledgement appears with AIN, the applicant will have to exit the system by clicking on ‘Close’ button.
- This application will be processed. Later, by using the AIN, applicant can get the Certified Copy of RoR.
- Ration Card
- Proof of Identify – Voter ID
- Proof of Address – Aadhaar Card
- Proof of ownership of property
- Land Tax
- Encumbrance certificate
- Recent copy of Form F and Map.
- In case of change in name, affidavit executed before a magistrate stating his actual name ( name intended to be incorporated in records and the name appearing in records).
Office Locations & Contacts
- The Director of Land Records and Survey,
Survey Building,Gopal Nagar Road,
Kolkotta - 700027, West Bengal.
Land Line : 2253 – 5092 / 6302, 2253 - 5144
Email ID: [email protected]
Link for contact: link for contacts
Land owners are eligible
As advised by the respective authorities for the service rendered.
- Usually valid for five years.
- Based on sale, the new owner can avail the facility.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
West Bengal - Modify Or Correct Revenue Records
Applicants may approach the Office of the Deputy Commissioner who is in charge of making modification or correction on your revenue records.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- West Bengal Record of Rights (ROR) is an extract from the land records registers held by the Revenue Department of State Government.
- ROR contains complete information regarding the land or property and history of holders of land. This revenue document is a vital indicator of the legal status of a land/property.
- The West Bengal Record of Rights (Khatian) register is maintained in the Revenue Department for every village separately. Government issues certified copies of entries in the record of rights (land records) to residents of West Bengal.
- Revenue record is such a register in which the detail of village land owners and cultivators and land revenues is given. This book is prepared, fresh, after every five years.
- Whatever changes occur in the rights of land owners due to sale, mortgage, ancestral income, the Thaasildhaar makes the entry in the mutation accordingly.
- After five years, when a revenue record is prepared again, then the entry of the changes is made in the new revenue record at appropriate place by the Thaasildhaar who is further responsible for preparing the same after every 5 years.
- It is possible to modify or correct information on your revenue records by going to the Office of the Deputy Commissioner in your area and submit all the required documents.
Information which might help
- The entry and deletion of a name in revenue record takes place when transfers of rights through sale, mortgage, mortgage without possession, lease or ancestral mutations occurs. It can also be through any court order and can be deleted accordingly.
- Sub registrar will send the document to Thaasildhaar office of that area to update records.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.