West Bengal - Get Seed from Seed Authority
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Valid eligible seed producers shall obtain seed for cultivation from the respective area/block Assistant Director of Seed Certification or equivalent authority designated.
- The state seed certification authority is “West Bengal State Seeds Certification Agency (WBSSCA)”.
- Applicant should be a registered seed producer and his certificate is valid.
- Applicant should go to their respective office to get seeds.
- Link for contact details: Link for Contact : West Bengal State seed corporation Ltd
- Applicant shall produce the relevant document as per our required document section to the concerned authority with the request for the type of seed required.
- Authorities will check submitted request and documents.
- If the requested seed matches the soil report of the submitted land, then the request will be processed.
- Applicant shall make the required payment and collect the seeds as approved.
- The seed issued will have tag for the quality, seed type, tag number and other details. Applicant should make note of this in their record for future need.
- Valid copy of seed producer certificate.
- Written application form as per requirement
- Details of seeds handled in the past
- Establishment certificate
- Aadhaar Card if required
- Additional documents (If Any)
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
West Bengal State Seed Corporation Ltd.
6, Ganesh Chandra Avenue, 5th Floor, Kolkata – 700013
Link for Contact: West Bengal State seed corporation Ltd
- Registered seed production unit shall apply
- Registered seed farm shall apply
- Requested seed should be a notified variety under Section-5 of the Indian Seed Act, 1966.
- The seed requested should be in the production chain and its pedigree should be traceable.
- Applicant need to pay the cost for the seed procured.
- Rate for the seed varies with the seed type.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- It is immediate (one day)
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Full Name and Address of the applicant
- Full particulars of the names of seeds to be handled
- Mobile number
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
- If the seed producer intends to use the seed other than the one from seed authority, then proper intimation of such usage of seeds should be intimated through applicable form.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- The following link will be useful for getting other relevant details:Seed Certification Standard
More information which might help people.