West Bengal - Get Permission for Safe Disposal of Electronic Waste
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To get permission for safe disposal of Electronic wastes in person, the proponent has to visit the Regional office of the West Bengal Pollution Control Board.
- The Regional Office can be visited or contacted with the help the link given below: West Bengal Pollution Control board
- Visit the Regional Office and get the Application form or refer the “Documents to use” section in this page.
- Please fill the application with information and details relevant to the need of Safe disposal of E-wastes. Then, it should be attested with the applicant’s signature.
- Make sure that you have all the documents that are listed in “Required Documents” section of this page. Attach all the important documents mentioned.
- Then, it should be submitted at the Regional office of the West Bengal Pollution Control Board which will be further forwarded to the concerned officials. They would check the application and attached documents if there is any deficiency.
- Once when all the furnished information is found sufficient by the Engineer or officer concerned, the report shall be submitted to the Board within 24 hours without fail.
- After further processes, the hard copy of the signed Authorization order shall be despatched from the Board within a day of approval, to the proponent.
- To get permission for safe disposal of Electronic wastes, you have to visit the OCMMS module in WBPCB website using the following link: Apply Online
- If you already have an Industry registration, login using your User ID and Password. Else, make a new registration by clicking on “New Industry Registration” button in the “User Login” tab.
- In the registration page, select the “Industry” or “Health care Establishment” radio button in the field “Registration for” and click “Submit” button. Your “User ID” and an one time “Password” will be provided which can be changed later.
- Registration details will appear on the top of the screen, note it down and login using the Username and changed Password.
- Edit your “Industry details” if you want by clicking on “Edit” button. Click on “E-Waste Authorization” tab (present at the top). Then, place the cursor on “E-Waste Authorization” option and then select the option that you need in the drop-down menu that appears.
- E-Waste form will open with respect to your choice. Please fill the application with information and details relevant to the need of Safe disposal of E-wastes. Also provide the documents pertaining in the “Documents” tab by clicking on “Upload” button. Then, add the fees details in “Fee” tab.
- When completed filling the application, select “Completed” radio button and click on “Save” button to submit the application.
- After successful submission of the application, it will be taken to the glance of concerned officials for verification and further processes.
- If the authorities find any mistake in the application or documents attached, it will be returned to the industry and the industry can find it in the “Completed Application” tab in the OCMMS module.
- And if the authorization has been sanctioned, the User can view and download the certificate in OCMMS module.
- Duly Signed Application form
- Site map of the location
- Copy of the latest consent order/renewal issued
- Details of the waste to be processed/day
- Categorical description of wastes to be handled
- Methodology and operational details
- Site evacuation from local authority
- Utilization of the processed E-waste
- Schematic representation of the process flow
Office Locations & Contacts
West Bengal Pollution Control Board,
Department of Environment, Govt. of West Bengal
Paribesh Bhawan, 10A, Block-LA,
Website: West Bengal Pollution Control board
- Industries applying for Safe disposal of E-waste Authorization should possess valid Consent/Renewal of consent order.
- The Industries applying for the authorization must be eligible of providing reliable Operating Facility for managing the wastes effectively. The operating facility will be needful for specialized supervision and better instrumentation.
- The applicant should be aware of the acts and guidelines amended on the Management and Handling of Electronic Wastes. To download, click here: implementation of E- Wastes
- The fees structure or details can be obtained from the Board Personnel.
- Authorization granted under this form shall be valid for a period of five years.
Documents to Use
- Application form for Electronic waste authorization can be found in the page number 29 in the following document: Application for Electronic Waste Authorization
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- On receipt of complete application in all respects, the SPCB or SPCC will take a period of about 120 days for the issuance of authorization.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- It has to be ensured that applicants should not have submitted applications for E-wastes authorization using more than one User Id for the industry location.
- Any unauthorized change in personnel, equipment or working conditions as mentioned in the application by the person authorized shall constitute a transgression of his authorization.
- The authorized person must get prior permission from the SPCB or PCC to shut down the operations.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or Country of Birth.
Need for the Document
- The authorization is essential for Safe disposal of Electronic Wastes with consent of the Pollution Control Board authorities.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.