West Bengal - Correct or Update (Information, Address) on Death Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant has to approach Municipal office or where the Death Certificate was obtained.
- Application form can be obtained from the office or can be written application in white paper.
- Please make sure you have all the documents listed in the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Fill the application form with required information and correction which was to be change
- Please pay the appropriate fees as per officials’ guidance (as per requirement)
- Submit the form to the concerned officer along with required documents.
- After that Official would start the processing such as verification, corrections.
- Upon the satisfaction, authority will issue the updated certificate
- You can collect the certificate from the office as per notification
- Application form
- Copy of original death certificate (self attested)
- Copy of School certificate of deceased.
- Self Declaration (Describe the reason of correction)
- ID card of the applicant.
- Residential Proof.
- Date and time of death.
- Aadhar card of the applicant
Office Locations & Contacts
Office of the Chief Mpl. Health Officer,
The Kolkata Municipal Corporation
Health Department, 1st. Floor
5, S.N. Banerjee Road
Kolkata - 700 013
Contact Link: Link
- Applicants who have West Bengal residency and have Original Death Certificate are eligible
- Parents and relatives of the deceased are eligible.
pay the fees as per authority information while applying
Death certificate have valid for ever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Application form for correction in Death Certificate
Name of Block & Tehsil _______
Details of Person Filling the Application Form
(Self Attested Photo of Beneficiary)
PIN Code___________ District:______________
Relation with Beneficiary
Contact Phone Number
Voter ID Card Number
Aadhaar Number (UID)
AadhaarEnrollment Number (if Aadhaar not issued)
Mode of Delivery
Application processing Office
Correction in Death Certificate required for.....
Name of the Deceased
Father’s / husband’s name of the deceased
Mother’s name of the deceased /
Address at the Time of Death
Place of Death
Institutional name / address /
Registration Details /
Date of death
Death Certificate Issuance Date
Date of Registration
15 Days of processing time taken in obtaining the certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of the Diseased
- Gender details
- Applicant Name
- Contact No
Need for the Document
- This certificate is required to establish the fact of death legally, for relieving the deceased from social, legal and official obligations.
- To remove the name of deceased person from Ration card
- To claim the pension
- To Close the Bank AC of the deceased person
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.