West Bengal - Apply or Renew License for Gym, Yoga, Fitness Centre
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply for Police Clearance
- Applicant should get clearance from the local police department for operating a fitness centre.
- Following link provides contact details: West Bengal Police Please select your requirement from dropdown list and click the refresh icon for information.
- Please go to your area police station and meet the authority to apply.
- Please obtain application form or write on a A4 sheet as advised.
- Please submit the application along with required documents.
- Accepted application will be processed.
- Applicant will get clearance from the police department depending upon the adhering to the requirements of facility location and requirements.
Apply for Licence
- A Gym/Yoga/Fitness operator shall apply for a license with the civic agencies (municipal/corporation) of your area.
- Link for contact details : West Bengal corporation AND West Bengal Districts Please select the district name on the right part of the page. Select the plus symbol before the place name and district website to reach respective district portal. Please select the respective menu option for municipality contacts.
- Go to the respective office.
- Meet the respective authority at the office. Applicant shall get the advice from the authority to be followed to apply for the procedure.
- Collect the applicable application form or write on a plain A4 paper as per advice.
- Submit the completed application form along with required document as per our page.
- Authorities will check the submitted application and announce the fees / charges. Please pay and get the receipt.
- This application will be processed further. There will be an inspection process from the civic authorities to check the facilities.
- After all the above steps, applicant gets notification from the department. Please follow the notification to get the license.
- It is advised to consult with municipal administration for your area to get information on any updated norms,
- Every unit should have toilets and clean drinking water facility.
- Apart from regular firm registration, a gym /Yoga/Fitness centre need to be registered with SSI, Labour and service tax to operate legally.
- This license need to be renewed annually.
- Please go to the civic agencies (municipal/corporation) of your area from where the license was obtained.
- Link for contact details : West Bengal Corporation AND West Bengal department Please select the district name on the right part of the page. Select the plus symbol before the place name and district website to reach respective district portal. Please select the respective menu option for municipality contacts.
- Application form for renewal can be obtained from the office Or please write on an A4 sheet as advised.
- Submit the application along with required documents as per our page.
- On accepting the renewal application, applicant will be a advised to make payment as applicable.
- Please pay and follow their guidelines to obtain the license.
To apply for New License
- Application form
- Police clearance document
- Firm registered certificate
- GST Number
- Letter head
- Labour registration certificate
- Details of machines or instrument used
- Self declaration
- Aadhaar Card
- Rental agreement if it is a rented place
- Any supporting document from local gym federation or association
- Passport size photograph
- Original valid license
- health certificates of their employees
- Aadhaar card
- Apart from the above listed documents, authorities may ask for additional information or document. Please provide them for smooth processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Municipal Service Commission,
149, ACHARYA JAGADISH CHANDRA BOSE ROAD
KOLKATA - 700 014
ENQUIRY NO. - 033 2286 0052
Contact Link: West Bengal Municipality
31/1A, Belvedere Rd, Alipore Police Line, Alipore,
Kolkata, West Bengal 700027
Phone: 033-2479-4035, 033-2479-4036, 033-2479-4056, 033-2479-4057
Fax: 033-2479-4050 (Fax)
Email: [email protected]
Link for contact information: West Bengal Police Headquarters
- Minimum area for the gym as per norms.
- The area where the gym operates should be approved by local police station
- Those who are 18 years and above are eligible to apply
- Please pay as authority’s advice at the time of applying.
- Don’t forget to take the receipt for the payment.
- License is valid for a year or as notified on the license.
- License needs to be renewed annually
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Please maintain high standards of hygiene to avoid spread of infections and diseases.
- Please follow the guidelines fixed by your state for size of the premises and zones meant for starting these centres.
- There will be sudden check by the civic agencies.
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the applicant
- Father's Name
- Aadhaar card
- Police clearance
Need for the Document
- No centre shall operate without proper permission and license.
- Apply and obtain this license for a legitimate operation.
Information which might help
- Make sure the materials used are sanitized (as applicable)
- Please follow government’s announcement to avoid un-necessary actions for not following the policy.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.