West Bengal - Apply or Obtain Seed Sale Licence or Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant has to get the letter head for the firm and should get required document as per our page.
- To make an application for seed license applicant has to approach their respective Agriculture department in West Bengal.
- Link for contact details: link
- Please collect the appropriate application form as per officer’s advice or write on a A4 sheet.
- Link for online form link: link
- Submit the completed application with required documents as mentioned in our required documents session.
- After accepting the application, officials will advise the amount to be remitted as per the mode (treasury challan or as acceptable).
- Applicant after remitting the mentioned amount, should provide the same to the department authority for processing.
- Applicant will get receipt for the remitted fees. Please keep the receipt and acknowledgement safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed by the respective department.
- Applicant will get intimation for inspection of premises.
- Authorities will inspect the business place and do their due diligence for the machine / other apparatus as mentioned in application by applicant.
- Once all the process yields satisfactory result, Applicant gets intimation to collect the License.
- On the said date, applicant can collect the license.
- Please follow the link to apply online: Online portal link
- Click “Login to apply” option to get new screen
- Choose the login type “user login” to get login page.
- Registered user shall enter their Email, password and complete the other prompts as appropriate to hit “Log In” button.
- If you are a new user then use the “Sign up” option to register.
- Applicant will get information of registered details. If any information needs to be modified, then use edit option to modify.
- In the dashboard please select “Storage Address” and choose “New Store Location” option.
- Process the prompted details.
- In the dashboard please select Seed and choose “New application” option.
- Please complete the page prompts as appropriate and click “Nest’ button.
- Please complete the online form for obtaining dealer license by completing the prompted details.
- Please complete the resulting page requirements and click “Proceed To Upload Documents” button.
- In the resulting page please upload documents as applicable and click “Save and proceed to payment” button.
- Applicant will get prompts to upload the payment challan. Please upload fee paid challan. at the prompted place and click “Save and submit” button at the bottom to submit the application online.
- Applicant will be provided with the screen to download the application as .Pdf file. Please download and print the application.
- An SMS to the registered mobile number will be sent for verification of store and sale point.
- On the day of verification, applicant has to produce all relevant uploaded document’s. Once the official verification process is done, Applicant will be issued with certificate as decided by authorities
- GST details
- Application form.
- Company Letter head
- Rubber stamp in the company name
- Permanent Resident Certificate
- Qualification Certificate
- Form ‘O’ (Source Certificate)
- Site Plan with Map (Premises Verification)
- Permanent account number (PAN)
- Bank balance (as per norms)
- List of Lab equipment's
- Treasure Challan
- Mobile No
- Details of seeds handled
- Identity Proof (Voter ID, Pan Card)
- Address proof
- Location Map
- Authorization from company if any.
- Document of the shop and address proof
- Establishment certificate
- Passport size Photo attested by Gazetted officer/notary
- Aadhaar Card
- An undertaking that applicant shall abide by the terms and conditions of the Seeds (control) Order, 1983
- Additional documents (If Any)
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Agriculture,
Nabanna, 325, Sarat Chatterjee
Road, Shibpur, Near Mandirtala,
Howrah – 711 102
Land Line - 0361-2332215/2334754
Fax - 0361-2332796.
Link for Contact: link
- Any person desiring to sell, stock or exhibit or distribute any seed is eligible to make an application to the licensing officer for the grant of a license.
- Advised balance on applicants account.
- Please follow the link for fees details : link refer page 3.
A license granted, shall be valid for the period specified therein, May be renewed from time to time for such period and on payment of such fee as may be prescribed.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Full Name and Address of the applicant
- Full particulars of the names of seeds to be handled
- Mobile number
Need for the Document
Seed sale license is mandatory for sale of seed.
Information which might help
- Carry all the necessary documents.
- Make a photocopy of your filled form for future reference.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.