West Bengal - Apply for Taxi Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for a Taxi permit in West Bengal the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : Contacts Link
- Make sure you have completed application form. Link for online application forms : Forms online
- Application Form : Link for form
- Also make sure you have all the necessary documents for the permit
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for the process
- Application forms can be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented along with documents and appropriate fees.
- Officials would start processing your application.
- Important verification for the permit includes Vehicle condition, Seating arrangements etc.. will be carried by authorities.
- After checking the vehicle for its correctness and other appropriate requirements the application will be processed.
- Link for online application forms : Forms online
- Application for a permit in respect of service of stage carriage Form : Link for form
- PROOF OF ADDRESS (any one of the following to be produced)
- Ration Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Electoral Roll
- LIC Policy
- Pay slip issued - Govt. Office (or) a Local Body
- School Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Affidavit Sworn by the applicant before an Executive (or) a First Class Judicial Magistrate (or) Notary Public
- Registration Certificate
- Insurance Certificate
- Pollution under control certificate
- Valid tax
- Passport size photo-2
Office Locations & Contacts
West Bengal State - Transport Department Contacts: Link for contact
Note: There are 18 motor vehicle offices that can be found within the premises of the respective offices of the District Magistrates. There are also 7 sub-divisional motor vehicle offices located in the premises of the offices of the concerned Sub Divisional Officers.
Owner of the vehicle is eligible to apply for Taxi Permit
Fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fees Link
- Permit is valid for 5 years
- The renewal of permit can be obtained with Vehicle fitness certificate and FC as per authorities of concerned RTO
Documents to Use
Application forms can be obtained from the following link : Application Forms
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes 5 working days to get permit
West Bengal - Apply For Taxi Permit
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- Taxi Permit means a document issued by a Transport Committee authorizing the use of a transport vehicle, in our case Motor cab as an private carrier / public carrier
- The business of renting of motor cabs to persons desiring to drive either by themselves or through drivers need to get the Taxi Permit
- Based on the capacity of the vehicle the number of passenger eligible to board varies as 4 passenger + 1 driver, 7 passenger + 1 driver etc.
- Contract Carriage Permit is the most common type of permit granted for transport vehicle for the purpose applied for (Public transport / transport under contract)
Information which might help
- It is advisable to go to the Regional Transport Officer / State Transport Authority between 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- FC (for clearance) is a process meant for reviewing the condition of the vehicle by the RTO authorities
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.