West Bengal - Apply for Ration Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant has to go to his/her area ration shop to get D1 application form. Link for Form : Application RO-1 Link : link for form
- Fill all the necessary information in the application as required and sign at appropriate place
- Do not fill any wrong information, otherwise the officer of department will reject your application form.
- Get the documents attested by gazette officer, MLA or MP or the municipal councillor.
- Attach all documents, and submit the application. On accepting your application, authority or clerk at ration shop will issue a receipt as acknowledgement.
- After ground level verification you will get your ration card in smart card format in 2 – 3 weeks
- Application RO-1 Link : Application Link
- A copy of original residential proof.
- A copy of age certificate / school leaving certificate of the head of the family.
- A copy of income proof of the family - that income of the family is below from the prescribed limit.
- A copy of identity proof like voter ID card, driving license, Aadhar card.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant.
- Self Declaration and Certificate From Pradhan/Ward Councillor
- Mobile number or Email addresses may be filled up in the format to enable this department to send an automated message to the applicant on the status of the application.
- A self addressed and stamped postal cover or postcard to enable the office to communicate the results to the applicant.
- Tenancy agreement if the applicant is a tenant
Office Locations & Contacts
- Khadya Bhavan
11A, Mirza Ghalib Street,
Kolkata - 700087, West Bengal
Phone: 1800 345 5505 / 1967 (TOLL FREE)
Link for Contacts : https://wbpds.gov.in/rptForUsers/rptRCList.aspx link for contacts
- The applicant and his/her family must be Indian citizens and should be resident of the state
- The applicant or his family members must not possess any family card in any State in India (If they had one, it has to be withdrawn)
- The applicant and members of the family must be close relatives
- If you are newly married and have your name in your family ration card, you and your spouse should get name deletion certificates (Removing names from your respective family cards).
Family identity card is valid for lifetime and will be renewed based on announcement
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be 30 days.
West Bengal - Apply For Ration Card (Family Identity Card)
- To get a new Ration card, the consumer must produce his/her birth certificate enclosed with the application, addressing Rationing Officer of the local Ration Office. After an enquiry, the card may be issued by the local office.
- In case of any child, the party concerned has to produce his/her birth certificate, as well as the ration card of his/her mother with an application addressing the rationing officer of the local ration office.
- In case of any adult person, the party must produce a recommendation of any reputed personality like M.L.M. or councillor of the area to declare that he/she does not have any existing Ration card in his/her name.
- For obtaining a new card, the consumer has got to fill up a form R.O. I.
- In case of any change in name or transfer of address, the consumer has to fill up a form R.O.I. In case of transfer, the party must produce a surrender certificate given by the previous ration office. Then it will be treated as his/her new card.
- In case of need of replacement of card due to damages or being lost etc., the party has to fill a Form (F), after making a dairy in the local police station.
District Supply Officer
- Applicant's Name
- Father's / Husband's Name
- Fathers/Husbands Name
- Annual Family Income
- Full Address
- Telephone / mobile / email
- Complete details of family members
- Date of birth
- Monthly Income
- Election Card Photo identity number
- Details of gas connection
Need for the Document
- For implementation of the Targeted Public Distribution System(TPDS), Ration Card is being issued to all the heads of families, with details about family members included in the card. Based on their economic condition, people can buy goods like food grains, sugar and kerosene with the help of their ration cards.
- If a person wants to apply for ration card, then he / she have to apply to the rationing office of his area. Ration card is issued by the Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department.
- The government also offers temporary ration cards valid for shorter periods of time which will help provide relief under special circumstances.
- Ration card is an essential document through which a person’s nationality is identified.
- Ration card is essential to apply for passport, PAN card or a domicile certificate or to even get the name registered for electoral rolls to get a Voter ID.
Information which might help
- The eligible sections of the society are provided with food grains and other items at highly subsidized rates.
- Ration card is categorized in four types.
- Above Poverty Line Cards (APL): These are issued to those citizens that live above the line of poverty.
- Below Poverty Line Cards (BPL): These cards are provided to the citizens who live below the poverty line.
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) Cards: These are provided to the economically weakest sections of the society.
- Annaporna Cards: These special cards are issued to eligible households in the state.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- A ration card is a very vital document for an Indian citizen.
- Apart from providing essential goods at a subsidized rate, it also is a proof of residence and citizenship.
- It is also a must to get a passport, bank account, trade license, driving license, issue a card of employment exchange.
- It acts as an important tool for identification while applying for other certificates like the Domicile Certificate, Voters ID Card.
More information which might help people.