West Bengal - Apply for Permission for Petrol and Diesel License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Fill up application form appended to Petroleum rules, 2002, where the application is made in behalf of a company, the name and address of the company and the name of the manager or agent should be given and the application should be signed by him.
- Link for forms and requirements: Details link
- Link to get selective forms : Form Link
- Applicants may approach the Deputy Commissioners office(Petroleum and Explosives and Safety Organization) to apply for a Petrol and Diesel License.
- The Applicant must submit the form along with all the required documents (NOC, Sketch of the place, authorization or sanction letters)
- Inspection of the developed /completed facilities by authorities for issue of safety certificate
- Grant and issue of license to the applicant
- Obtaining prior approval of site/layout/construction plan of proposed place from the PESO office by submitting application online
- Description of place for where the storage is intended to be carried out (sketch)
- Filled in form. Please use the link for forms: Form Link
- Inspection certificate of the facilities by a recognized competent person
- No objection certificate of the tenant if storage is intended to be carried out on the land of tenant other than the applicant.
- Recent copy of Map along with Form-F of the land where business is intended to be carried out.
- Address Proof
- Proof of Identity
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport size photo
- The copy of the property tax receipt if the building is owned by the applicant
- In case of rented premises, property tax paid by the owner, his permission given in writing in Rs.20 bond with signature and address should be submitted.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Joint Chief Controller of Explosives
8, Explanade East, 1st Floor,
Kolkata-(West Bengal) - 700069
(033)22480427 / 22489524 / 22486600 / 22420686
- Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organization (PESO),
Government of India
Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
Shastri Bhavan,New Delhi - 110001.(India)
011-23387404 / 011-23383100
Contact link : Link for Contact
- Applicant should be an Indian citizen
- Applicant age should be above 21 years
- Those who meet the fund requirement
- Fees amount varies with the service applied
- Please contact the authorities to know the fees involved
- Note: Fees has to be paid by means of DD
- The application for renewal of license should be made before 2nd of December every year
- NOTE: There is a late fee and explanation is required for lapse in applying for renewal
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- Processing time varies in case to case
- As there is a lot of scrutiny, verification and inspection to process the application. The real time involved varies with operational activities
- Note : One can expect licence in three months of time
West Bengal - Apply For Permission For Petrol And Diesel License
Applicants may approach the Deputy Commissioner, who is in charge of issuing Petrol and Diesel License.
- Applicants name, contact number and address.
- Situation of the premises where petroleum is to be stored.
- Quantity (in litres) of Petroleum proposed to be imported and stored.
- Quantity in litres of petroleum already stored in premises.
- Number of the license held for the premises and the full name of the holder of the licence.
Need for the Document
- Facilities meant for importation, transport, storage, refining and testing of petroleum products requires license in Form of Petroleum Rules, 2002 is required to be obtained in respect of all such facilities. Such licenses are issued by the Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organization (PESO), Department of Industrial policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India
- A person wishing to obtain or renew a license under these rules shall submit an application in writing to the authority empowered to grant such license.
Information which might help
- Applicants may approach the Deputy Commissioner, who is in charge of issuing Petrol and Diesel License
- It is advisable to go to the Deputy Commissioners Office between 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Petroleum Rules, 2002: http://peso.gov.in/Petroleum_rule.aspx
More information which might help people.