West Bengal - Apply for Pass Temporary Travel Pass (e-Pass) due to Covid-19
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Based on the impacts and spread of covid – 19, government might restrict the issuance of such passes. Please look for the updates.
- Go to the online portal: Online Portal Link
- In the given page, go through the guidelines. Please select check box for “I Agree” option.
- Applicant will be provided with online application form page. Here please select your category.
- Please complete the details as prompted, upload documents as appropriate, enter captcha at the prompted space hit “Submit” tab to submit the form online.
- Applicant gets acknowledgement on the screen as well as in their mobile number as “SMS”for online submission of application.
- Please save it for future reference.
- This application will be processed further. Applicant receives QR code enabled exemption pass on their email or via SMS.
To check Application status
- Go to the online portal : Online portal link
- In the given page please select “Check status” option on the top right corner.
- A new screen will be provided. Here, enter your ADD ID, Captcha as per prompted space and hit “OK” to get the status of your request.
- If required, police verification and inquiries would be conducted.
- Grant or rejection of permit depends on the department decision.
- Purpose for “ePass”
- ID proof and other proof to show that applicant is connected to some essential services
- Type of “ePass”
- From date and end date or Date and time as appropriate
- Address of the applicant.
- Applicant district.
- Details of the area for which the pass is required.
- Proof of Identity and Address proof (Ration card/Driving license/Pan card etc)
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport size photos
- Vehicle Registration Number (RC book)
- Mobile number
- email id
- Any relevant document to support that the applicants travel is justifiable.
Office Locations & Contacts
31/1A, Belvedere Rd, Alipore Police Line, Alipore,
Kolkata, West Bengal 700027
Phone: 033-2479-4035, 033-2479-4036, 033-2479-4056, 033-2479-4057
Fax: 033-2479-4050 (Fax)
Link for contact information: Contacts link
- Individuals who come out to provide or avail essential services
- Organisations engaged in essential services
- Applicants who have necessity to travel from one district to another (Pregnency, Childbirth, Accident or demise of family members)
- There shouldn’t be any total sealing or restrictions for people to go out.
- ePass will have the validity mentioned on it (Valid from date and timing).
- The pass will be valid for the mentioned period of time.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
It will be Immediate (same day) or as per the decision of the respective authority.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Fill the form carefully and submit it along with the mentioned documents.
- Attach the valid documents to get approval.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- With a complete lockdown imposed by the government. People are advised not to step out of their home.
- Individuals or organisations involved in serving essential needs shall apply for the pass to go out to cater the need.
- Those who need to go out for essential need for themselves shall apply for the ePass.
Information which might help
- Please make sure that the district from where you live or need to travel doesn’t have any complete total lockdown citing the spread of the disease.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.