West Bengal - Apply for Opening Fair Price Shop (Ration Shop, PDS, Public Distribution System) License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Food and Civil Supplies of each state government invite applications from time to time for issue of authorization to run fair price shops. In some cases, applicant shall come forward to open an outlet where the population and requirement for opening an outlet is arises.
- Application Form for Fair Price Shop (FPS) dealership can be obtained from respective food Supply officers office.
- Go to your respective office. Consult with the respective authority to apply for opening FPS.
- Link for contact details: link
- Collect the application form or write on a plain A4 sheet as advised.
- Please use the respective form from the following link : Application Please download the “Form of Application for Dealership (S.R area)”
- Complete the application form. Attach the entire required document as per our “required document” section and submit it to the designated authority.
- This application and attached documents will be checked. If all are in place, applicant will be advised to pay security deposit (refundable).
- Please pay as advised and obtain the receipt.
- Once the application is accepted, authorities will register the request into the register.
- Applicant will get acknowledgment for the submitted application. Please keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed further.
- The licensing authority shall ensure the proper verification through Block Supply officer/Supply Inspector and shall recommend its report to the District Level Selection/sanction Committee for consideration.
- Once all the above steps are completed applicant will be informed to report to the particular office on a scheduled date.
- Applicant shall go to the office and meet the authority on the scheduled date with originals of all the required documents and follow their guidelines to get the sanction.
- When applicant applies in view of requirement, department authority will validate the application to check whether an outlet needs to be opened and then the sanction will be granted.
- In such case application should have resolution from local panchayat where the shop is proposed.
- Applicant, a person and includes a Co-operative Society or a Corporation or a Gram Panchayat or any other body approved by respective state norms.
- The licences to the fair price shop owners shall be issued keeping in view the visibility of the fair price. Fair Price Shop owner who do not conform will be strictly punished as per rule.
- Application form
- Proof of Identity
- No objection certificate from land owner in case of tenant
- Copy of land records
- Residence Proof
- A court fee stamp as per prescribed amount.
- Aadhaar card.
- A copy of Schedule Tribe Certificate if applicable
- A copy of Permanent Resident Certificate of the state.
- Voter ID
- Bank Passbook (to show the required bank balance for being eligible)
- Income proof document as applicable
- Proposal letter from the concerned Gram Panchayat Samabay Samiti (GPSS) or the concerned local body.
- Approval from the Assistant Registrar of Co-operative Societies
- Passport size photograph
- Note: Apart from the above documents authorities may ask to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Food & Supplies,
11A, Mirza Ghalib Street,
Kolkata - 700087, West Bengal.
Phone: 1800 345 5505 / 1967 (TOLL FREE)
For contact details : contact link please scroll down to find the address at the bottom.
- Applicant should be a Resident of state and should be a Resident in that particular Village/Area
- Education 10th standard pass. In some state applicant can be a considered if applicant is Literate (Should be able to read and write)
- Application from the Headman/Village Secretary including Members of the Executive Committee will not be accepted
- The proposed premises must have these dimensions- length 5m, breadth 3m and height 3m. There must be only one shutter or door.
- Applicant should fulfil the economic viability in respect of business (bank balance as required)
- Age limit minimum 18 years (and not more than 60 years /or state fixed maximum age limit)
- Security deposit should be paid as applicable along with stamp charges.
- License fee Rs.400/- or as authorities quote.
- Valid for 5 years and it needs to be renewed.
Documents to Use
Application Please download the “Form of Application for Dealership (S.R area)”
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Processing time differs from place to place and also based on the priority based on requirement demands.
- Usually it will take minimum of one month time.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Notifications are published from time to time in local newspapers and on official websites of concerned authorities for opening new FPS. Please keep following.
- Name of the applicant
- Applicant father name
- Area or village
- Mobile number
- Security deposit fee(as per applicable format)
- License fee
Need for the Document
- An applicant shall apply for a FPS outlet as per the requirement from the respective state government.
- Those who are eligible to operate the outlet shall follow the above steps to get the sanction.
Information which might help
- You must be able to maintain books of accounts.
- Adhere to the operation timeline as in practice (weekly holiday/ government holiday/timing etc)
- Beware – Law is strict against those who dodge to follow the amendments.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.