West Bengal - Apply for Maxi Cab Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for a Maxi Cab Permit in West Bengal the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : Contacts Link
- Link for online application forms : Forms online
- Application Form: Link for Form
- Also make sure you have all the necessary documents to process the application
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for the process
- Application forms can be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented along with documents and appropriate fees. Officials would start processing your application.
- Important verifications for the permit includes Vehicle condition, Seating arrangements etc, will be carried by authorities.
- After checking the vehicle for its correctness and other appropriate requirements the application will be processed further.
- Link for online application forms :Forms online
- Application Form: Link for form
- PROOF OF ADDRESS (any one of the following to be produced)
- Ration Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Electoral Roll
- LIC Policy
- Pay slip issued - Govt. Office (or) a Local Body
- School Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Affidavit Sworn by the applicant before an Executive (or) a First Class Judicial Magistrate (or) Notary Public
- Registration Certificate
- Insurance Certificate
- Pollution under control certificate
- Valid tax
- Passport size photo-2
Office Locations & Contacts
West Bengal State - Transport Department Contacts: Link for contact
Note: There are 18 motor vehicle offices that can be found within the premises of the respective offices of the District Magistrates. There are also 7 sub-divisional motor vehicle offices located in the premises of the offices of the concerned Sub Divisional Officers.
You should be the owner of the vehicle.
Fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fees Link
- Permit is valid for 5 years
- Usually the renewal of permit can be obtained with Vehicle fitness certificate and FC as per authorities of concerned RTO
Documents to Use
Application forms can be obtained from the following link : Application Forms
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes 5 working days to get permit
West Bengal - Apply For Maxi Cab Permit
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- Maxi Cab Permit is needed for an tourist vehicle operator to carry passengers on a hire / rental basis from one place to another
- Maxi cab means any motor vehicle constructed or adapted to carry more than six passengers, but not more than twelve passengers, excluding the driver for hire.
Information which might help
- An operator with Maxi Cab Permit should permit not more than 12 passengers in his vehicle
- Proper payment of fees is required to travel in other states other than the permitted state
- FC (for clearance) is a process meant for reviewing the condition of the vehicle by the RTO authorities
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.