West Bengal - Apply for Local Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply Online: - West Bengal Apply for Local Certificate Online With Images
- Please login into the official website Online protal of West Bengal Government.
- Registered user shall enter their username, password and captcha as per prompt to login by hitting “Login” tab. New user shall use the “citizen registration” option to register and then login.
- A new screen will be provided. Please select “Certificates” option under “Districts” to get sub option on the right part of the screen. Here select “Local residence (domicile) certificate” option to reach next screen.
- In the next window, User shall go through the information provided and hit “Apply” tab.
- A new screen will be provided. Please complete the page prompt with details for respective sessions and hit “Save & Next” tab.
- In continuation of the above steps, user will has to complete the present address of applicant, Parent or husband details, Applicant place of Birth, Education details, Particulars of stay of last 15 years, other details session and hit “Save & Next” tab
- In the next screen user shall go through the details and hit “Attach supporting document” tab.
- User shall choose the file as appropriate to upload. Once upload is complete, hit “Save & Next” tab
- Resulting screen provides Application details. Please hit “Submit” tab here to submit application online.
- Once all the above steps are completed, user will get acknowledgement for the submission of online application form . Please keep it safe for future reference by using “Print” tab to print it.
- User gets notification about the rest of the process. Please follow the guidelines of the respective authority to get the certificate.
- Please login into the official website Portal link of West Bengal Government.
- Click on approved application in the home page.
- Select the service name from the list of approved applications.
- Click on your specific application by providing your acknowledgement number. You could download your domicile certificate from the next page.
- If the domicile certificate is not received by the applicant, then the applicant must visit the respective Tehsil office or Revenue Department office
Apply in person
- Applicant must visit the Sub Divisional Office and apply in person with the documents specified under required documents session. Link for SDO office: SDO Link
- Application form (as suggested by SDO office)
- Residential proof of land or rented house (photocopy of land deed / rent receipt copy).
- Identity Proof (PAN card, Driving license, Voter card, Ration card, Passport).
- Birth Certificate.
- Passport size photograph.
- Property TAX (As applicable)
- Aadhaar card
Office Locations & Contacts
- GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
Office of the Sub-Divisional Officer Alipore (Sadar),
South 24-Parganas, New Treasury Building (3rd Floor),
Alipore, Kolkata - 700 027
Phone No. : 033 24791681, Fax No. 033 24399829,
Link for SDO Offices: SDO link
Sub Divisional Officer,
Room No. 46 (General Section)
North 24 Parganas
Hooghly District magistrate & collector's Office,
- The following are the eligibility criteria to obtain a local certificate from the West Bengal Government:
- Any person who is a resident of West Bengal.
- Women not initially belonging to the state, but married to a permanent resident of the state.
No fee required
Domicile certificate is valid for a life time
Documents to Use
7 Working Days
West Bengal - Apply For Local Certificate ( Domicile or Resident)
- Concerned Authority
The Sub Divisional Magistrate of the concerned area
- Government Orders
Local Certificate can be made only in one State/UT. Obtaining Local Certificate from more than one State/UT is an offence.
- Name of the Applicant
- Father's Name and Occupation
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Present and Permanent Address
- Schools and College attended with years of study-
- at the primary standard
- at the Secondary standard
- at the College standard
- Reason for requirement of Local Certificate (copy of the letter issued by the Recruiting Officer is to be enclosed)
Need for the Document
- A Domicile/Residence Certificate is generally issued to prove that the person bearing the Certificate is a Domicile/Resident of the State/UT by which the Certificate is being issued. This Certificate is required as proof of residence to avail Domicile/Resident Quotas in educational institutions and in the Government Service, as also in case of jobs where local residents are preferred.
- This certificate is used for many other purpose including Passport, Visa etc.;,
Information which might help
- This certificate can be used for several years.
- Fill the application details correctly without any mistake.
- NOTE : It is a punishable offense to try with fraudulent documents to get a Domicile certificate
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- To avail of the resident quota reservation in educational institutes
- To avail of the resident quota reservation in Government Services
- Wherever the proof of residence in the state is needed
The women applicants who are married to a person of another stated, who is domicile of that state, can also apply for obtaining the domicile certificate of that state. However any person men or women can have only one domicile certificate. To have more than one domicile certificate is a legal and punishable offense. So any person from any state are not able to apply for more than one state certificate.