West Bengal - Apply for Income Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Online Procedure: - West Bengal Apply for Income Certificate Online With Images
- Follow the link here to reach online portal : Online Portal
- Registered user shall enter their username, password and captcha as per prompt to login by hitting “Login” tab.
- New user shall use the “citizen registration” option to register and then login
- A new screen will be provided. Please select “Certificates” option under “Districts” to get sub option on the right part of the screen. Here select “Income certificate” option to reach next screen.
- In the next window, User shall go through the information provided and hit “Apply” tab.
- A new screen will be provided. Please complete the page prompt with details for respective sessions and hit “Save & Next”
- In continuation of the above steps, user will get application details page. Here please hit “Attach Supporting document” tab to reach next page.
- User shall choose the file as appropriate to upload. Once upload is complete, hit “Save & Next” tab.
- Resulting screen provides Application details. Please hit “Submit” tab here to submit application online.
- Once all the above steps are completed, user will get acknowledgement for the submission of online application form . Please keep it safe for future reference by using “Print” tab to print it
- User gets notification about the rest of the process. Please follow the guidelines of the respective authority to get the certificate.
- Note: Once the application has been saved successfully the applicant receives an acknowledgement number to view the status of the applicant.
- Follow the link here to reach online portal : Link for portal
- Login as prompted
- Now click on your specific application by providing your acknowledgement number. You could download your income certificate from the next page.
Apply in Person :
- Applicant must visit the Sub Divisional Office and apply in person with the documents specified under required documents session. Link for SDO office: SDO Link
- Application form (as suggested by SDO office)
- Residential Proof: Residential Certificate issued by S.D.O / Aadhar card / Passport / Driving License / Ration Card / Govt. Id card / Defense ID Card / PAN Card.
- Income Proof: Salary certificate, Income proof from Gram Pradhan / Municipality Councilor, income tax return acknowledgement.
- Photograph: Applicant passport size photograph.
- 2 different Gazette Officers certification
- Education records duly signed
- Aadhaar card
Office Locations & Contacts
- GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
Office of the Sub-Divisional Officer Alipore (Sadar),
South 24-Parganas, New Treasury Building (3rd Floor),
Alipore, Kolkata - 700 027
Phone No. : 033 24791681, Fax No. 033 24399829,
Link for SDO Offices: SDO Link
Sub Divisional Officer,
Room No. 46 (General Section)
North 24 Parganas
Hooghly District magistrate & collector's Office,
Office of Resident Commissioner
A/2 State Emporia Buildings
Baba Kharak Singh Marg
New Delhi 110001
Applicant must be a resident of West Bengal
NO FEE Required.
Income certificate is valid for 3 months from the date of issuance
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Seven working days
West Bengal - Apply For Income Certificate
INCOME CERTIFICATE ISSUING AUTHORITY IN WEST BENGAL
- Dist.Magistrate or - District Level; Addl.Dist.Magistrate
- Sub-Divisional Officer - Sub-Divisional Level of the concerned
- Block Development Officer - Block Level of the concerned Blocks
- The Collector, Kolkata - Kolkata Municipal Corpn.
- The Collector, Kolkata - Students residing within civil Jurisdiction of Honble High Court, Kolkata
- Other areas covered in Kolkata Police are concerned i.e. areas over which Collector, Kolkata does not exercise jurisdiction Concerned District Magistrate or any other Officer authorized by the District Magistrate of the respective districts i.e. South 24 Paraganas and North 24 Paraganas.
- Name of Applicant
- Fathers / Husbands Name
- Details of Family
- Residential Address
- Tel. No.(Landline)
- Period of Stay in Delhi
- Occupation of Applicant
- Monthly Income from Occupation
- Details of Employer
- Ration Card No.
- Category ( BPL/APL/AAY/Annapurna)
- Whether living in rented/ owned house
- Details of monthly expenditure
- Whether any loan taken
- Details of Children studying
- Grand Total of Monthly Expenditure
Need for the Document
- Income Certificate states the different sources of income of an individual or family
- Some students require this certificate for continuing their education and Scholarship.
- Most of the Engineering student furnish it for the re-reimbursement of fees
- Income Certificate is helpful for obtaining loans in banks.
- Income certificate is often one of the application requirements to be a beneficiary of various civic welfare schemes.
Information which might help
- If the income certificate is not received by the applicant, then the applicant must visit the Sub Divisional Office and apply in person.
- NOTE : It is a punishable offense to try with fraudulent documents to get a Income certificate
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Using income certificate you can claim scholarship and admission in educational institutional if you eligible.
More information which might help people.