West Bengal - Apply for Grant of Fire License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant may approach the Office of Deputy Director Fire Services to apply for this license
- Following link provides contact details: Contact link
- Make sure that you have required documents to process your request
- Please confirm that you are eligible to apply
- Applicant must submit the completed form obtained from fire station with required documents
- Your application will be accepted with advised fee as per authorities
- The filled in application form may be given to the nearest Fire Station, or may also be sent directly to the Divisional Fire Officer, who is stationed at every District Head Quarters.
- This application will be processed further
- Verification of document, Inspection of site and other scrutiny will be carried out
- If everything in place and upon satisfactory grounds the license will be issued
- The Fire License will be issued by the Divisional Fire Officer to the applicant directly either at the #Fire Station or at the Divisional Fire Office.
- Note: Grant or rejection of permit depends on the department decision.
Apply Online Type1
- Following link takes you to the Online portal e-Bangla : Link for e-Bangla
- Please select “Application for Fire Safety Certificate” option on the left part of the page under “ e-Services” menu
- In the next window, Create new user ID and login using the credentials.
- In the new page enter / select prompted details to complete the procedure for applying
- Once the online applying is over, The application will be processed as per in how to apply procedure to grant the license
Apply Online Type2
- To apply online, please click on option “Application for Grant for Fire License” in the following link : Online Portal
- The website would take you to next screen where you would have to login. If you don’t have an user login, please create a new user account by selecting the “Create New Account” option.
- To create new user account, please fill in the required information and click “Save” button which is placed at the bottom of the page.
- You will get a message as “User Registration Successful and “You are now successfully registered to SSDG West Bengal. Kindly, Login with your Username and Password to access the Services. “ Now click “OK” button .Click the below given link for your reference :Link for reference
- Now you would be able to login with your user account and password.
- Login to the page with the new login id and password and follow the instructions provided and choose the appropriate option and apply for grant for fire license.
- Please fill the application form and upload the necessary documents as requested and follow the instructions on the page to complete the application. Refer given link :Online link
- After completing the application, please take a print out of the filled application form and attach the necessary document and you could drop it in the drop box in your local Fire Brigade Office or you could send it through post to the address mentioned under the “Office Locations and Contacts” section of this page.
- Note : Applications can be filled online and the printout of the duly filled application form along with the required documents can be sent by post or can be dropped in the drop boxes in the respective address.
- Application form for applying. Applicant can collect application form from fire stations. Link for fire station : Fire Station Link
- Copy of Fire Safety Certificate duly endorsed by the Director-General under section 11C , if already possessed.
- Two Copies of Site Plan of the Warehouse or Work Shop drawn to the scale of 1cm=1mtr.
- A statement showing the name and maximum quantity of hazardous substances to be stored or processed in the premises.
- A statement showing the details of fire safety measures available
- Duly filled planning permission
- Building plan application form with the signatures of land owner and licensed surveyor
- Registered document in the name of applicant.
- Certificate taken for 15 years (or) from the date of document executed
- Other documents relating to title of the land
- Aadhaar card of the applicant
Office Locations & Contacts
- Fire Brigade Head Quarter
13D, Mirza Ghalib Street, Kolkata- 700016
Telephone: 2252 1165, 2252 6164, 2252 3170,
2252 2222 - 8 (7 lines), 2227 6666
Mobile: 8584027148, 8584027149, 8584027150
Fax: +2252 2223
Contacts link: Contact Link
North Bengal Districts (Malda, U Dinajpur, D Dinajpur, Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri, Cooch Behar, Alipurduar)
Office of Deputy Director Fire Services (DDFS),
Siliguri Fire Station Complex,
Station Feeder Road,
Following link provides the details of local fire station address and contact numbers Office Address
- For those to carry out businesses and trading activities, as listed under in the West Bengal Fire and Rescue Services Rules
- Those proposing to construct multi stories building
- Factories or Industries manufacturing products
- Cinema halls
- Hotels, Cracker shop, Stores etc,.
On basis of report collected after inspection, requested license fees amount has to be paid.
Fire license expired at the end one year. Every one year, the license would have to be renewed after fire safety preparedness in respect of private buildings and public buildings was inspected every six months
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be 15 working days.
West Bengal - Apply For Grant Of Fire License
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- Any person proposing to construct a high rise building or buildings of public congregation like Malls, schools, cinema halls, function halls, religious places should get Fire License from the Divisional Fire Officer
- People need to take preventive measures. It is the responsibility of Industrialists, owners and occupants of multi-storied buildings, commercial complexes, educational institutions, cracker manufacturers etc. to follow the fire safety norms to ensure safer society.
- Business premises more than 500 Sq. Meters in plot area or 6 meters and above in height shall apply for a No Objection Certificate.
- Fire License will be issued or renewed from the same place where application is received.
- NOTE : Establishments which meets the required parameters and running without fire license will have to face legal actions and penalty
Information which might help
- Bigger buildings should have showers and sprinklers to wet the surface
- Every floor should have two fire extinguishers
- Number of fire extinguishers to go up depending on the area
- Flame and smoke detectors needed
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Used for applying insurance.