West Bengal - Apply for Goods Carriage Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for Goods Carriage Permit in West Bengal the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : Contacts Link
- Link for online application forms : Forms online
- Application form : Form link
- Make sure you have all the necessary documents
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for the process
- Application forms can be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented along with documents and appropriate fees. Officials would start processing your application.
- Important verification for the permit includes Vehicle condition, Body built arrangements etc.; will be carried by authorities.
- After checking the vehicle for its correctness and other appropriate requirements the application will be processed further.
- Link for online application forms :Forms online
- Application form : Form link
- Registration Certificate of the vehicle.
- Fitness Certificate of the vehicle.
- Proof of payment of tax for the current quarter.
- Insurance Certificate.
- Payment of green tax wherever applicable.
- Affidavit Sworn by the applicant before an Executive (or) a First Class Judicial Magistrate (or) Notary Public
- Passport size photo-2
- No object certificate from the financier if the vehicle concerned is covered by HPA / Lease / Hypothecation.
- Pollution under control certificate
- Age Proof (any one of the following)
- School Certificate / Birth Certificate
- PROOF OF ADDRESS (any one of the following to be produced)
- Ration Card / Aadhaar Card / Electoral Roll / LIC Policy / Passport / Pay slip issued - Govt. Office (or) a Local Body
Office Locations & Contacts
Public Vehicles Department
38, Beltala Road, Kolkata â€“ 700020.
Contacts: +(91)-2474-9263 / 33-24751621 / 24751622.
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
West Bengal State - Transport Department Contacts: Link for contact
Note: There are 18 motor vehicle offices that can be found within the premises of the respective offices of the District Magistrates. There are also 7 sub-divisional motor vehicle offices located in the premises of the offices of the concerned Sub Divisional Officers.
- You should be the owner of the vehicle.
- The age of the vehicle should not exceed 12 years
Fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fees Link
- Permit is usually valid for 5 years
- The renewal of permit can be obtained with Vehicle fitness certificate and FC as per authorities of concerned RTO
- The age of the vehicle is also considered to restrict the validity of the permit
- NOTE: Validity differs with the type of vehicle and also for the load the vehicle can manage
Documents to Use
Application forms can be obtained from the following link : Application Forms
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes 5 working days to get permit
West Bengal - Apply For Goods Carriage Permit
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- Goods Carriage Permit is issued to an applicant to use his motor vehicle for the carriage of goods for hire or reward or for the carriage of goods for or in connection with a trade or business carried by the applicant. In general, there is no restriction for grant of permits to goods vehicles.
- Vehicles with this permit……
- Be used only in a specified area or on a specified route or routes
- That goods of a specified nature shall not be carried
- That goods shall be carried at specified rates etc..
- The age of the vehicle should not exceed 12 years.
Information which might help
- Holder of the permit shall furnish to the Regional Transport Authority such periodical returns, statistics and other information as the State Government may, from time to time, prescribe.
- FC (for clearance) is a process meant for reviewing the condition of the vehicle by the RTO authorities
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.