West Bengal - Apply for Duplicate Caste Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for duplicate caste certificate, applicant can approach any of the following authorities of their area: (Councillor / Mayor / Commissioner of Municipal corporation, Deputy Director of Backward Classes Welfare department, Deputy Collector of Land Revenue, SDM, SDO, ADM, Chief Metropolitan Magistrate)
- Link for contact: Contact Directories
- Application in a plain paper should be written to the concerned authorities.
- Attach 2 copies of recent coloured photograph in the application.
- Make sure that you have all the proper documents mentioned in the “Required documents” section below.
- Submit the application along with the required documents to the authorities.
- After the verification of records, applicant shall receive the duplicate copy of caste certificate.
- Application Form
- Damaged copy of the caste certificate – if available
- Caste Certificate issued to the family members
- Ration card
- Aadhaar card
- 2 passport size photograph
Office Locations & Contacts
Government of West Bengal,:
Backward Classes Welfare Department,
Bidhannagar, Kolkata-700 091.
- Applicant should be the resident of West Bengal.
- Applicant must be the citizen of India.
- Applicant whose caste certificate is lost / damaged can apply for duplicate certificate.
Approach the authorities for fee details.
Caste certificate is valid forever.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing time depends on the authorities verification period.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Visit the tehsildhar office of your taluk to obtain the duplicate copy of the caste certificate.
- While applying for fresh caste certificate applicant should provide additional proof that he/she belongs to one particular caste.
- Parent’s Name
- Residential details
- Caste details
Need for the Document
- Caste certificate is a mandatory document during the admission process in educational institutions.
- Caste certificate is required to avail scholarships and financial assistance for the students who fall under specific caste.
- To avail various government based schemes and to get government jobs under reserved categories.
- To get government subsidies, caste certificate is required.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.