West Bengal - Apply for Division of Land
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The applicant has to visit Land & Land Reform department Office for Subdividing land. Link for contact details : Link1 and contact link2
- Apply using plain paper, specify mode of acquisition of land with a draft proposal for sub division, then affix a Court-fee stamp as advised by authorities on the form.
- The completed application must be signed by all co-tenants, if occupied.
- Submit the form and documents to the right authority to initiate the processing.
- Applicant will receive a transaction id on the mobile number provided. This transaction number will be useful to track the application status
- This request will then reach the Thaasildhaar for verification and to get his report.
- Thasildhaar will do check with his property register and ground level verification by his VAO and RI.
- Based on the verification details, Thasildhaar will give final report for the request.
- If the results are satisfactory, applicant will get the order
- Application in writing
- Affidavit / Notary stating that the applicant is owner of the land
- Identity proof
- Address proof
- Land documents (should get attestation in all copies from Gazette Officer.)
- Aadhaar Card
- Sketch map for the proposed division as prescribed
Office Locations & Contacts
- The Director of Land Records and Survey,
Gopal Nagar Road,
Kolkotta - 700027, West Bengal.
Land Line : 2253 – 5092 / 6302, 2253 - 5144
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link for contact: contacts link
- You are eligible to apply for Division of land, if you own a land in your name and it requires conversion from one type to another (Industrial to Residential) for the following purpose:
- Construction of house
- Construction of commercial establishment
- Marking plot for real estate development of the site
As advised by authorities (stamp charge)
- It is valid till further division of the land
- Division of land is a process and it is valid thereafter until and unless there is a takeover of land for PWD related developments like road extension, bridge etc..
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Minimum 15 Days to 30 Days
West Bengal - Division Of Land (Subdividing A Land)
You can apply for Division of Land to the Sub Divisional Officer or the concerned Tehsildar in your area.
Land division includes
- The alteration of the boundaries of land
- The division of land into at least two or more allotments
- Large scale developments containing numerous allotments
- Name of the Land Owner
- Land Registration Number
Need for the Document
- Subdividing a land means dividing it into several parts
- When the land is subdivided into more than one lot, each lot is then sold to one or more buyers. This is more profitable than keeping the property as one residential unit.
- Smaller residential lots may be easier to sell than larger pieces of land. This increases the overall value of the land.
- Division or Subdivision refers to dividing of a lot, tract, or parcel of land into two or more lots, plats, sites, or other divisions of land once set aside for a particular purpose is being used in a different way (i.e. industrial land to residential) for the purpose, whether immediate or in the future, of sale or of building development.
Information which might help
- In view of benefiting from the property meant for agriculture – one need to follow this procedure and this process is most essential for the other activities.
- Government and bodies concerned will look for this process to grant permission for other requirements
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.