Walajah - Renew Driver License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Renew Driver License in Walajah.
This procedure provides you information related to renewing a driver license that is expired or about to expire in Tamil Nadu. Following listed are the ways through which it can be done.
- To renew your driver license in Walajah the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
- Please make sure you have all the documents that are listed down the “Required Document” section of this page.
- Following application forms are required Form-9, Form-1a, Form-MCC. Application forms can be downloaded from the following link : Application Forms
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for applying for the license by verifying the appropriate application form. The requirements will be listed out in the application forms..
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Present the completed application forms along with required documents in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Applications can also be made on-line through the following link : Online Application
- Fill the application form in the above given site ,upload required proofs, take printout of the application form including Acknowledgement form and go to nearest RTO office before 11:30 a.m.
- If your address has changed then you have to get NOC certificate from your old RTO office and then apply online for license renewal, print forms and go to new RTO office.
Application forms can be downloaded from the following link : Application Forms
- Application form (Form 9)
- Application cum Declaration as to physical fitness Form-1a
- Medical certificate Form - MCC
- Original Driving License
- Elcot form - available at the RTO
- Four copies of recent passport photographs.
- Aadhaar Card
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
- Valid driver license which has at least 30 days validity.
Renewal of Driving License - 200 INR
Renewal of Driving License after grace period - 300 INR
Fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fee information
Licence to drive a Non-Transport Vehicle is valid for 20 years from the date of issue or until the holder attains the age of 50 years, whichever is earlier. After that, the Licence is renewed every 5 years. Transport Vehicle Licence is valid for a period of 3 years from the date of issue or renewal.
Documents to Use
- Application for the Renewal of Driving License - Form9
- Application in Form-1a (1a if the applicant is above 50 years)
- Application cum Declaration as to the Physical Fitness in Form 1
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
You may get your renewed driver license on the same day or within a week time.
Advertise On This Page
Tamil Nadu - Renew Motor Vehicle Driver License from Another State
தமிழ்நாடு - பிற மாநிலத்திலிருந்து மோட்டார் வாகன டிரைவர் உரிமம் புதுப்பிக்க
- You may apply to renew your driver license to Regional Transport Officer/ Motor Vehicle Inspector Grade I. You need to determine which RTO is applicable for your current address. Call an RTO for guidance or see http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/contacts-r.htm
- The driving License is renewed with effect from the date of its expiry when the application is made before its expiry or within thirty days grace period.
- The driving License is renewed with effect from the date of renewal when the application is made after the grace period.
- The driving License cannot be renewed after the period of five years when it has ceased to be effective.
- Note that if your original driving license was issued at an RTO other than the one where you are currently renewing your license, you need to obtain an NOC (also called Genuineness certificate or Driving License Master Register) from the issuing RTO.
- Details about Applicant
- Full name
- Father's Name
- Permanent Address / Temporary Address
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Education Qualification
- Identification Marks
- Blood Group
- Details about License
- Date of Issue
- Licensing Authority by which the licence was issued
- Licensing Authority by which the licence was last renewed
- Number and date of renewal
- Date of expiry of licence
- Present Address
Need for the Document
A driver's license is an important license that allows any person to drive a vehicle in public. It must therefore be updated when needed and renewed when it has expired or about to expire.
Information which might help
The upper limit age for renewing driver license in Walajah is 75.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
The Driving license serves as official identification, personal identification and for other legal purposes.
More information which might help to make this process in Walajah can be obtained below.
;Transport Statistics Total Number of Registered Motor Vehicles in India - 1951-2004
Total Registered Motor Vehicles in India from (State-wise) 1998 to 2004
Total Registered Motor Vehicles (Category-wise) in India by States/UTs
Outlay (Centre and States) for Road Transport Sector During IX Plan & X Plan
Road Transport Outlay and Expenditure During the IX Plan and X Plan (State Sector)
Road Accidents in India, 1970-2005
Number of Persons Killed and Injured By Motor Vehicles in India (State-wise)-2001-2005
Road Accident Statistics of India: 1970 2004