Walajah - Obtain a Family Member Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain a Family Member Certificate in Walajah.
The application to be made at Taluk office for issue of family member certificate should contain death certificate in original obtained from the competent authority and court fee stamp of Re.2/- affixed on the application. Based on the report of the Village Administrative Officer and Revenue Inspector and after due enquiry, this certificate is issued by the Tahsildar mentioning the names of all family member of the deceased.
Apply through e-Service centers or Common Service Centers (CSC)
- You can also approach the e-service centers or the CSC centers for availing this service.
- You can find the e-service centers in the municipality office or teshil office in your area.
- You can also find the e-service centers by providing appropriate information under the following link : E-Service Centers Link
- Death certificate of the deceased person.
- Service Book of the deceased employee.
- Copy of Ration Card.
- Copy of Voter ID Card.
- Copy of R.O.R. (if any stands in the name of the deceased person).
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
Following link provides you list of e-service centers in an area : E-Service Centers Link
Details of 10 Taluks in Chennai District - Name, Location with Telephone Numbers (After Bifurcation of Taluks)
- Tondiarpet Taluk
Corporation Community Centre, Door No. 473, Thiruvoittyur High Road, (Nearby to Appolo Hospital) Opp. to Cholrea Hospital), Tondiarpet, Chennai-600 081
- Purasaiwalkam Taluk
No.3, Raja Muthaiah Salai (Old FortTondiarpet Taluk office),. Purasaiwalkam, Chennai-600 003. (Near Nehru Indoor Stadium)
- Perambur Taluk
No.3, Perambur High Road,Near Perambur Railway Station, Perambur, Chennai-600 011.
Telephone No.: 25375131
- Ayanavaram Taluk
No.25, United India Colony first main Road, Ayanavaram, Chennai- 600 023 (Near AyanavaramMarket)
Telephone No.: 26741726
- Egmore Taluk
No.88, Mayor Ramanathan Salai, Chetpet, Chennai-600 034 (NearPalimer Hotel)
Telephone No.: 28361890
- Aminjikarai Taluk
No.4, West Mada Street,Koyambedu, Aminjikarai,Chennai -600 107 (Near Kurungaleeswarar Temple)
Telephone No.: 24791727
- Mylapore Taluk
No.28, PasumponMuthuramalingam Salai, RajaAnnamalaipuram, Chennai-600 028 (Near Greenways Railway Station)
Telephone No.: 24331292
- Velachery Taluk
No.113, V.V.Koil Street,Institute of Road Transport Training centre complex,.Tharamani 100 feet Road,Chennai -600 113.
Telephone No.: 22541727
- Mambalam Taluk
New No.1, Old No.2, Bharathidasan Salai, K.K.Nagar,. Chennai-600 078 (Near R.T.O. office)
Telephone No.: 24891464
- Guindy Taluk
No.370,Corporation Zone Office, Anna Salai, Richards Park Saidapet, Chennai-15 (Opp. to Panagal Building)
Telephone No.: 24331727
- Tahsildar office in Chennai - http://www.justdial.com/Chennai/tahsildar-office
- Taluk office in Tirunelveli - http://www.justdial.com/Tirunelveli/taluk-office-%3Cnear%3E-tirunelveli-town/0462PX462-X462-001024413336-S2C5
- Tahsildar office in Madurai - http://www.justdial.com/Madurai/government-tahsildar-office-south-%3Cnear%3E-Arignar-Anna-Nagar/0452PX452-X452-100223114512-U6Y1
- Taluk office in Virudhunagar - http://www.asklaila.com/listing/Virudhunagar/Sattur/Taluk+Office/10oxJa7w/
- Taluk office in Coimbatore - http://www.justdial.com/Coimbatore/government-tahsildar-%3Cnear%3E-coimbatore-central/0422PX422-X422-100108151155-B2Z2, http://www.asklaila.com/listing/Coimbatore/Gopala+Puram/Tahsildar+Taluk+Office+For+South+Coimbatore/1kXKXaES/
- Taluk office in Salem - http://www.asklaila.com/listing/Salem/Mulluvadi/Special+Tahsildar+Office/D5k70MZu/
- Taluk office in Cudallore - http://www.justdial.com/Pondicherry/taluk-office-cuddalore-ho-%3Cnear%3E-Cuddalore-Ho/0413P413STD2701265)
- Taluk office in Dindigul - http://www.asklaila.com/listing/Dindigul/Usilampatti/Dindigul+Taluk+Office/1MRLhSKm/
Wife or Husband or Son or Daughter or Mother may apply for family member certificate in a family
Stamp of Rs. 3/-
Family Member / Proper person certificate is valid for ever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be 30 days.
Tamil Nadu - Obtain a Family Member Certificate - English
தமிழ்நாடு - குடும்ப உறுப்பினர் சான்றிதழை பெறுதல் - தமிழ்
- A Family Member Ceritificate is issued by the government for those individuals whose parent/husband is dead without leaving a will.
- To establish relationship for claims relating to Insurance, pension, retirement benefits or service benefits of central and state government departments, Government undertakings etc.
- In legal succession cases to get succession certificate to establish the relationship
- To get employments for example compassionate appointments.
- Approach the District Thasildar office with the death certificate and produce the form.
- All required documents to be submit while lodging the application.
- It will take around a month to process all the necessary information and receive the certificate.
- Name of the applicant
- Father / Husband's Name
- Name of the Deceased
- Death certificate Number
- Details of Family Members (Family members of the deceased)
- Purpose for which the certificate is required
- Ration card Number
- Relationship of the petitioner with the deceased
- Prescribed application form
Need for the Document
If the head or a member of the family expires, the next direct Family member of the deceased such as the wife or husband or son or daughter or mother may apply for family member / Proper person certificate on application for the purpose of transferring Electricity connection, House Tax, Telephone connection/patta transfer, Bank Account, etc. If the person who died is a Government servant, Family Member Certificate is issued for sanction of family pension, and for getting appointment on compassionate grounds.
Information which might help
Concerned Department to obtain certificate: Department of Revenue & Disaster Management, Government of Tamilnadu. Sanctioning Authority: Revenue Officer (Tahasildar/ Additional Tahasildar, Sub-Collector, Collector)
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Family Member Ceritificate may use obtaining the following things
- Sanction of family pension .
- Receiving Government dues such as Govt. Provident Fund, Gratuity and arrear salaries of the deceased employee of the State and Central Govt.
- Receiving non-statutory ex-gratia payment where the amount involved does not exceed Rs.50, 000/-.
More information which might help to make this process in Walajah can be obtained below.
More information which might help people.