Walajah - Obtain a Duplicate Driver License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain a Duplicate Driver License in Walajah.
This procedure provides you information related to applying for a duplicate driver license in Tamil Nadu. Following listed are the ways through which it can be done.
If your driver license is valid and it’s stolen or lost, then you would have file a FIR with the local police station and you will be requested to produce the report with the application.
- To apply for a Duplicate Driver license in Walajah the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
- Please make sure you have all the documents that are listed down the “Required Document” section of this page.
- Application and Intimation of loss or destruction of driving licence in Form LLD. Application forms can be downloaded from the following link : Application Forms
- Present the completed application forms along with required documents in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Applications can also be made on-line through the following link : Online Application
- Fill the application form in the above given site ,upload required proofs, take printout of the application form including Acknowledgement form and go to nearest RTO office before 11:30 a.m.
Application forms can be downloaded from the following link : Application Forms
- Application and Intimation of loss or destruction of driving licence in Form LLD
- Aadhaar Card
- Details of Driving Licence
- Police Certificate (in case of theft)
- Passport size photos-2 copies
- The original license is to be surrendered if the duplicate license is applied for on the basis of mutilated, torn or damaged.
- An ID Proof with your photo and a residential proof is required. (Voter's card, Aadhaar Card, passport etc can be used for this purpose.)
Office Locations & Contacts
Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
Request for duplicate can be done when the Driving Licence is lost or destroyed.
The amount of fees payable to obtain the duplicate driving license card Rs. 315.00 (fee) depending upon your residential area and issuing authority.
Fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fee information
Licence to drive a Non-Transport Vehicle is valid for 20 years from the date of issue or until the holder attains the age of 50 years, whichever is earlier. After that, the Licence is renewed every 5 years. Transport Vehicle Licence is valid for a period of 3 years from the date of issue or renewal.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
You may get your duplicate driving license within a time period of 1 week to 15 days from application date or within the time mentioned by the assistant road transport officer.
Tamil Nadu - Obtain a Duplicate Driver License
தமிழ்நாடு - ஒரு நகல் டிரைவர் உரிமம் பெறவும்
One can apply for a duplicate driving license with the concerned authorities when he/she has lost the original driving license, when the license is been torn, mutilated or destroyed or when it is been stolen away. You should never apply for a duplicate driving license when you have the original one with you in good condition as it is illegal to do so.
Issuance of driving licences is a service that is extended by the Transport Department through its District Transport Offices.
The holder of the driving license will have to apply for a duplicate driving license. He/she will have to be present in person at the Regional Transport Office (RTO) or at the unit office to apply for the same. It is mandatory to carry your ID proof along with you. Atleast one of the ID proof should have your photo in it. No one else on your behalf can apply for a duplicate driving license.
It is always advised to apply for a duplicate driving license immediately your original is been lost or damaged. If you exceed a time period of six months from the date of losing your license, then issuance of a duplicate license in your case will have to be approved by the Head Quarter of Transport Department.
- Details about Applicant
- Full name
- Father's Name
- Permanent Address / Temporary Address
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Education Qualification
- Identification Marks
- Blood Group
- Details about License
- Driving License Number
- Date of Issue
- Licensing Authority by which the licence was issued
- License Period
- Number and date of renewal
- Date of expiry of licence
- Present Address
- Also furnish following information if required
- Class of vehicles for which the licence is valid
- Whether authorised to drive transport vehicles if so, the date and authority
- Serial number of Badge, if any, issued and by whom issued?
- Endorsement of punishments
Need for the Document
A driver's license is a legal document issued by the state. It expresses a persons capability to operate a motorized vehicle, such as a motorcycle, car, truck or a bus, on a public roadway. Laws relating to the issuance of licenses vary between jurisdictions. No person shall drive a motor vehicle in any public place unless he holds an effective Driving License issued by a licensing Authority authorizing him to drive vehicle of that particular category.
Driving a vehicle without a proper license can lead to imposing of fines or imprisonment if caught red handed, hence it is always safer to keep your driving license along with you in good condition.
- Duplicate Driving License
A duplicate driving license is nothing but a fresh driving license issued on the request of the card holder stating that the original license is been stolen, lost or is been damaged. It will have the same validity and features as of your old/original driving license. The license holder will have to prove in front of the concerned authorities that the original license is stolen, lost or is damaged to be eligible to get a new license.
Information which might help
A driving license appears as an ID proof and we may use it for various official purposes due to this advantage and chances are there that we might misplace it or get it stolen away. Utmost care has to be given while handling your driving license as it is mandatory to drive a vehicle within the county limits. Also as it stands as an ID proof, every measure has to be taken in order to avoid identity theft. Certain measures that have to be taken to preserve your driving license and the steps that have to be done immediately once your driving license is stolen are listed below.
- As your driving license is valid for many years, say 10 years or so, you need to give more importance to this card as chances are there the figures and letters imprinted on it may get erased off as time passes. To avoid such a situation, it is always better to keep the same safely in a card holder. Whenever you are requested to produce your driving license, give it along with the card holder (preferably single cared.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Walajah can be listed here.