Walajah - Apply or Renew Arms (Gun) License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Apply or Renew Arms (Gun) License in Walajah.
- Submit the completed application form to Additional District Magistrate.
- The licensee must submit the form along with all the required documents.
- Also the licensee should produce his/her weapon and license for inspection at the time of renewal and pay the renewal fees.
- Renewal will be done immediately and the necessary noting about renewal will be made in the license.
- Arms license in original form.
- Weapon Deposit certificate in case of expiry of renewal date.
- Two Self attested Proof of present residential address.
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
Applicant should have valid Firearm License with him.
- For Renewal of the License (for 3 years) - 150
- Late Fee - 50
- For Renewal of the License (for 3 years) - 90
- Late Fee - 30
- For Renewal of the License (for 3 years) - 60
- Late Fee - 20
- A license shall unless revoked earlier, continue in force for a period of three years from the date on which it is granted.
- However, such a license may be granted for a shorter period if the person by whom the license is required so desires or if the licensing authority for reasons to be recorded in writing considers in any case that the license should be granted for a shorter period.
- Every license shall, unless the licensing authority for reasons to be recorded in writing otherwise decides in any case, the renewable for the same period for which the license was originally granted and shall be so renewable from time to time.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Renewal will be done immediately and issued to the licensee.
Tamil Nadu - Apply for New Firearm (Gun) License
தமிழ்நாடு - புதிய துப்பாக்கியால் (துப்பாக்கி) உரிமத்திற்கு விண்ணப்பித்தல்
Licensee should fill-in the renewal form and the licensee should produce his weapon and license for inspection at the time of renewal and pay the renewal fees. Renewal will be done immediately and the necessary noting about renewal will be made in the license.
- Name of Licensee
- Father's Name
- Present Residential Address
- Nearest Police Station
- Telephone Number /Mobile number
- License Number
- Date of Issue
- Date of Expiry
- Area of Validity
- Complete Weapon Information
Need for the Document
Any person who carry firearms must have a license and the license is valid for three years from the date of license issued to the licensee. The license should get renewed before the validity get expire.
Information which might help
It is advisable to go to the Deputy Commissioners Office between 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Individual Arms License: http://www.abhijeetsingh.com/arms/india/laws/faq/
More information which might help people in Walajah can be listed here.