Walajah - Apply for Stage Carriage Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Apply for Stage Carriage Permit in Walajah.
This procedure provides you information related to applying for a stage carriage permit in Tamil Nadu. Following listed are the ways through which it can be done.
- To apply for a stage carriage permit in Walajah the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
- Make sure you have completed application form Form-SCPA. Application forms can be obtained from the following link : Application Forms
- Also make sure you have all the necessary documents that has been listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for applying for the license by reading through the eligibility criteria that has been listed out under the “Eligibility” section of this page.
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Applications can also be made on-line through the following link : Online Application
- Fill the application form in the above given site ,upload required proofs, take printout of the application form including Acknowledgement form and go to nearest RTO office before 11:30 a.m.
- If your address has changed then you have to get NOC certificate from your old RTO office and then apply online for license renewal, print forms and go to new RTO office.
Application forms can be downloaded from the following link : Application Forms
- Aadhaar Card
- Completed Application Form-SCPA.
- PROOF OF ADDRESS (any one of the following to be produced)
- Ration Card
- Electoral Roll
- LIC Policy
- Pay slip issued - Govt. Office (or) a Local Body
- School Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Affidavit Sworn by the applicant before an Executive (or) a First Class Judicial Magistrate (or) Notary Public
- Registration Certificate (if the vehicle is registered one)
- Insurance Certificate (If the vehicle is a registered one)
- Valid Tax
- Solvency Certificate for Rs.30, 000/-
- Workshop facilities.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
Owner of the vehicle is eligible to apply for Stage Carriage Permit.
- Rs.1, 500/-
- For Inter State Route Rs.450/- per State
- Timing Conference Fees Rs.600/-
Fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fee information
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Time limit for service to be rendered is 5 Days
Advertise On This Page
Tamil Nadu - Stage Carriage Permit
தமிழ்நாடு - ஸ்டேஜ் வண்டி அனுமதி
- A stage carriage permit is a permit is given to a bus operator to ply the vehicle in a particular route.
- The route consists of stages where passengers can be picked up and dropped.
- Stage carriage permits are issued under Government policies. The Government also decides about seasonal/monthly or confessional passes and fare from time to time.
- Full name of applicant
- If applicant is minor full name and address of the Guardian
- Name of father (in case of an individual)
- The routes or area for which permit is desired
- The maximum number of vehicles which will ply at any one time under the terms of the permit.
- The minimum number of vehicles which will ply at any one time under the terms of the permit in the area, or on any route or any part of any route and the minimum number of daily vehicle-trips.
- The type or types of vehicle to be used on the service and the approximate seating capacity.
- Particulars of the time-table(s) proposed.
- The standard rate of fare which it is proposed to charge.
- Particulars of any stage or contract carriages permit (or similar authorisation under the Indian Motor Vehicles Act, 1914), valid in the Province, held by the applicant
- Particulars of any permit (or similar authorisation under the Indian Motor Vehicles Act, 1914), held by the applicant in respect of the use of any transport vehicle in "the Dominion of India" during the last four year, which has been the subject of an order of suspension of cancellation.
Need for the Document
The Stage Carriage Permit allows holders to service an area with a specific route. The permit also mentions the type of vehicle that is granted permission to operate, the approved timetable, the number of trips it can make in a day and standard rate of fare it can charge.
Information which might help
It is advisable to go to the Deputy Commissioners Office /Regional Transport Officer / State Transport Authority between 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help to make this process in Walajah can be obtained below.
New Stage Carriage Permits are not given in Tamil Nadu.