Walajah - Apply for Local Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Apply for Local Certificate in Walajah.
- Apply for a Local Certificate by using the prescribed form which is available at Tehsil office.
- When you apply you must pay a fee for the form which is 2 Rs.
- Fill up the form and submit the required documents.
Apply through e-Service centers or Common Service Centers (CSC)
- You can also approach the e-service centers or the CSC centers for availing this service.
- You can find the e-service centers in the municipality office or teshil office in your area.
- You can also find the e-service centers by providing appropriate information under the following link : E-Service Centers Link
- Two recent Passport size photo of the applicant.
- Duration certificate for ten years continuous education.
- Attested copy of parents local certificate.
- Attested copy of Family Identity Card
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
Following link provides you list of e-service centers in an area : E-Service Centers Link
All citizens of State.
- 2 Rs. for the form
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Tamil Nadu - Obtain a Domicile or Residence Certificate - In English
தமிழ்நாடு - குடியுரிமை அல்லது வதிவிட சான்றிதழ் பெறுதல் - தமிழ்
You may get your "Local Certificate" from the Tehsildar's Office in your area.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A Local Certificate is a document stating that the person bearing the Certificate resides in the state where it was issued. This Certificate is required as proof to avail Quotas in educational institutions and in government services. It is also used as a requirement for jobs where local residents are preferred.
Information which might help
It is advisable to go to the Tehsildar's Office between 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Walajah can be listed here.