Walajah - Apply Subsidy for Battery Operated Vehicle
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Apply Subsidy for Battery Operated Vehicle in Walajah.
- Obtain all necessary documents required by the subsidy scheme.
- Download and fill up application for the purchase of Battery Operated Vehicle.
- Submit form along with all other requirements to the Department of Science and Technology.
- In cases where the Registration Certificate is not available, you will have to present the vehicle to the Department of Science and Technology for physical verification before the release of your subsidy.
- Application for the Purchase of Battery Operated Vehicle system under the Subsidy Scheme
- Invoice accompanied by copy of Registration Certificate issued by RLA, State.
- Aadhaar Card
NOTE : In case of two wheeler Battery Operated Vehicle if same is not required to be registered under Motor Vehicle Act, then subsidy would be released upon production of invoice & physical confirmation of vehicle by the Department of Science & Technology.
- Proof of residence in State:
- EPIC issued by Election Commission of India accompanied with the details of voter enrolment number for cross verification. Details on EPIC & Electoral Roll must tally to be considered.
- Copy of Driving Licence
- Ration Card
Office Locations & Contacts
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
Block-14, CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road,New Delhi-110 003, India.
- State Nodel Agencies - TAMIL NADU
Chairman & Managing Director,
Tamil Nadu Energy Development Agency (TEDA)
EVK Sampath Building,
Chennai 600 006
Tel: 044-28224832 Fax: 044-28236592
Email : teda[at]md4[dot]vsnl[dot]net[dot]in
- Residents of State
- 2 wheeler vehicle has to be purchased from State.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Sample Application for the purchase of Battery Operated Vehicle under the Subsidy Scheme which is used in other Administration.
To, The Director, Department of Science & Technology
Subject : Purchase of Battery Operated Vehicle (BOV) ( 2 / 3 / 4 wheeler) under the Subsidy Scheme.
Sir, I understand that BOVs (2 / 3 / 4 wheeler) are available through your Deptt. under the subsidy scheme. I want to purchase one Battery Operated Vehicle (2 / 3 / 4 wheeler) for my personal use at the site given below. I have decided to get the vehicle as per the specifications explained to me & to my satisfaction from _______________________________________. I shall pay Rs.______________ (Rupees ______________________________only) to the supplier towards the cost of the vehicle including the subsidy. You may depute your technical person for inspection after the purchase. The subsidy available from your department for above BOV may be released to the undersigned/manufacturer after the joint inspection of the BOV by the undersigned, supplier & department. The detailed specifications and cost break-up are enclosed. I shall not resale/transfer/shift this BOV without the permission of the Administration for a period of one year. You are requested to release the subsidy for the above vehicle. Thanking you,
SITE ____________________________ ____________________________ ____________________________ ____________________________
NAME __________________________ __________________________ __________________________
Tel No. ___________________
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Tamil Nadu - Apply Subsidy For Battery Operated Vehicle
தமிழ்நாட்டில் - பேட்டரி இயக்கப்படும் வாகனத்திற்கு மானியம் வழங்குதல்
Subsidy would be provided to the residents of State on purchase of any Battery Operated Vehicle (2 / 3 / 4 wheelers) @ 15% of the vehicle's cost or Rs. 5000/- (Rupees Five thousand only) whichever is higher.
It will be provided on a first come first serve basis (10 No. of two wheelers, 5 Nos. of three wheelers and 5 Nos. of 4 wheelers) subject to availability of funds.
- Applicant Name, Age and Address
- Name & Address of the Manufacturer
- Make and Model of the Vehicle
- Date of purchase
- Invoice No. and Source of Purchase
Need for the Document
Battery operated vehicles (BOVs) are run by batteries and are free from noise and air pollution. They are ideally suited for cities are also suitable for use in hospitals, factories, educational institutions, wild life sanctuaries, airports and places of historic importance.
The Administration of state offers subsidy scheme for residents who will purchase battery operated vehicles.
Information which might help
- The battery operated vehicles (two wheelers) have the following advantages
- They have zero emissions and do not pollute the atmosphere.
- They cost about Rs.25,000/- to Rs.40,000/- (subsidy of Rs.4000/- & Rs.5000/- for low & high speed vehicle respectively) and consume only about 1.5 KWhr of electricity to travel 60 km.
- They can go about 3050 km on a single charge. This capability meets the needs of an average, two wheeler-riders.
- Most are used during the day and can be charged late at night, which is advantageous in balancing the electric power load.
- Electric bikes reduce human exertion. They are structurally simple, convenient to charge, and easy to operate. Users do not need a drivers license to operate them.
- They are compatible with city roads.
- They will reduce traffic congestion in the cities.
- They will help reduce energy consumption. Their annual operating cost is about 15% of that of motorcycles.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Walajah can be listed here.