Venezuela - Obtain Birth Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Duplicates of a certificate may be issued in case of loss, theft or destruction. They may also be issued in case of deterioration. To obtain a certified copy of a birth certificate, go to your local civil registry office. Note: Contact information provided below.
- Do not forget to bring a valid identification. The registry personnel may ask for your ID in order to confirm your identity and make sure that you have the right to obtain the certificate.
- When you submit your request make sure that you have provided these important details which will make searching for the record easier:
- name on the certificate
- date of birth
- place of birth
- name of the parents
- Pay the application fee and wait for instructions from the Registrar regarding when can you comeback to collect the certificate.
If you are outside Venezuela
You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the nearest diplomatic representation of Venezuela in the country you are currently staying. The Embassy's consular service section will be able to help process your request to obtain a copy of a birth certificate.
- Written application
- Valid identification
Office Locations & Contacts
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name on the certificate
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Name of the parents
Need for the Document
This procedure provides information on how you can obtain a copy of a birth certificate in Venezuela.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
A Birth Certificate states the name and sex of a person, it also indicates the time and place of birth, it is issued after you have registered the birth of a child. A copy of the birth certificate is often needed when you apply for a passport, a driver license or a marriage license.
More information which might help people.