Vellore - Register for NEET Exam
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Register for NEET Exam in Vellore.
APPLYING FOR NATIONAL ENTRANCE CUM ELIGIBILITY TEST – TAMIL NADU
- The Candidate has to visit the following website to apply for NEET: Website
- Click on “Information Bulletin” tab and download the Information Bulletin in your regional language (if available) or in English. Read the document fully which will be useful throughout your Application process. You can find the link to download Information Bulletin in “Documents to Use” section in this page.
- In the homepage, scroll down and click on “Fill Application Form” button and the important instructions about NEET and the procedures to be followed will be listed in the next page. Read them carefully and select the check box “I have read and understood all the instructions mentioned above and in the Information Bulletin”. Then click “PROCEED TO APPLY ONLINE NEET (UG)” button for proceeding to apply.
- New Registration page will be opened and the candidate has to fill the Personal Details like Name, Parent’s name, Gender, Nationality, ID proof and so on, here. Select the state as “Tamil Nadu”. Those fields marked with a ‘red asterisk’ are mandatory.
- After filling, enter the security pin as instructed and click “Preview & Next” button and check whether the information is correct or click “Reset” button if you want erase the details and enter again.
- Then, the Candidate will be asked to create Password and Security question for password (in case if it’s forgotten). Then, do the OTP Verification and click on “Submit” button and the successful completion of the first step will be informed in the screen along with the Provisional Application Number.
- Now, click on “Click here to Login” button to proceed with successive steps. Already entered Personal Details and a set of questions will be displayed under Step 1. Please answer the questions and proceed.
- In the “Place of Birth” tab, for Place of Birth select “In India”, select State as “Tamil Nadu” and select the District in which you reside.
- In the “Choice of Medium of Question” tab, select the medium you wish, from the drop-down menu.
- Next, is the Choice of Examination city in which you can select four cities of your choice, based on the Question Medium that the candidate had selected.
- Click on “Save as Draft” button and “Next” button to proceed to the next segment in Step 1 i.e., Academic details.
- First, the candidate has to provide the information about their 10th class or Equivalent under the tab “Academic Details (Class – 10th or Equivalent)”.
- After that, details about 11th class should be provided under “Academic Details (Class – 11th or Equivalent)” tab.
- Consecutively, also fill the fields under the tab “Academic Details of Qualifying Examination (Class – 12th or Equivalent)”. Correspondingly, fill the fields “Details of Marks of Qualifying Exams” tab and click on “Save as Draft” button and “Next” button after getting a message as ’Data saved as Draft’ to keep going.
- Then, fill the fields under “Permanent Address” and “Correspondence Address” tabs. You can select the check box “Same as Permanent Address” if the correspondence address is same as your “Permanent Address”.
- Fill in the tab “Details of Parents/Guardian” and answer the Yes/No question under the “Dress Code” tab and also the “Security Pin” given. Click on “Save as Draft” button and “Preview and Next” button to review once and proceed.
- Before clicking on “Final Submit” button, the candidate has to read and select all the check boxes. Please pay attention to the check boxes and then select.
- A confirmation dialogue will appear, click on “Yes, Please Do” button if you are sure you have filled everything correctly or “Oops! Please no” button and check everything once again.
- Then, you will get ‘Successful completion of the Step 1’ message. Then, click on “Upload Recent Documents” tab, which is your Step 2.
- In this step, the candidate has to upload the Photo, Scanned images of Signature, 10th Certificate, Left hand thumb Impression and Postcard size photo.
- Please upload the necessary by clicking on “Choose File” button under each requirement and upload the documents as indicated.
- Then, click “Next” button. A preview will be shown and click “Next” button again which will lead to completion message, thereby directing towards the next step.
- Step 3 is “Make Payment” i.e., payment of fees which is the most important step of the entire procedure. Before that, you will be given three provisions namely ”Edit Uploaded Images”, “Edit Application Form” and “Go to Home”. Use them accordingly.
- In the fee payment section, the candidate can pay the fees from any of the following four options: Net banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, Unified Payments Interface or Paytm. Choose any one and make the payment.
- Proceed to Step 4 which is printing the confirmation page. It is done by clicking on “Click here to take Printout of Confirmation page” button under the completion message of Step 3. This is the final step and printing of Confirmation page denotes that the application has been submitted successfully.
- Address Proof
- Identification Proof (Eg: PAN, Aadhaar, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport, Ration Card, Class 12 Roll number)
- Community Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- SSLC (10th class) or Equivalent Academic Certificate
- Class – 11th or Equivalent Academic Certificate
- HSC (12th class) or Equivalent Academic Certificate
- Scan copy of passport size photograph (Jpg image within 10 to 200kb)
- Scan copy of signature (Jpg image within 4 to 30kb)
- Scan copy of 10th certificate (Jpg image within 100 to 300kb)
- Scan copy of left hand thumb impression (Jpg image within 10 to 50kb)
- Scan copy postcard size photograph (Jpg image within 50 to 300kb)
Office Locations & Contacts
- The candidate must have completed 17 years of age or must complete the same on or before 31st December of the candidate’s first year admission to Undergraduate Medical courses.
- The candidate must be below 25 years of age as on the date of examination with a relaxation of five years for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL category and PwD candidates.
- For more information, please refer to “Eligibility and Qualification” chapter in the following link: link
- FOR General (UR) - Rs.1500/- (INR)
- FOR General-EWS/OBC(NCL) - Rs.1400/- (INR)
- FOR SC/ST/PwD/Transgender - Rs.800/- (INR)
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
- The candidates applying can refer to the following link if they want any clarification regarding the NEET(UG):
- For Hindi, Hindi Application document
- For English, English Application document
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Applications for NEET are only welcome online. No offline applications will be entertained.
- Candidates must retain the Confirmation Page of Online Application and the bank transaction details supported by confirmation page.
- The applicants should retain about 4-6 copies of passport size and 4-6 copies of post card size photographs same as that were uploaded on the Online Application.
- Please make sure that the mobile numbers, e-mail ID provided are their own or their parents’ only; because National Testing Agency will not hold any responsibility in case if any latest information has not been received by the candidate.
- Note that the application will be complete and submitted only if the Fee Payment is completed and the confirmation page is displayed.
- The candidates must preserve their Admit Cards until they have been admitted in Undergraduate Medical Courses.
- Permissible corrections can be done through log-in account only during the schedule fixed by the NTA.
- Please note that there will be no approval of requests regarding the non-submission of application/fee (due to any reason).
- DOB and Identification number
- Academic Details and Marks
- Card details or Banking Credentials or UPI ID and PIN
- Scanned copies of Required documents
- Occupation and Income details of Parents
Need for the Document
- NEET is the only entrance exam to obtain admission for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.
Information which might help
- Examination Centre Allotment is totally computerized and it cannot be changed under any circumstances.
- It is recommended that the candidates should visit the NTA website frequently for latest updates. For being aware of the instructions updated.
- The applicants are advised to download the Admit card for examination form the following website only: link
- Light clothes with long sleeves are not permitted. However in case, candidates come in cultural/ customary dress at the Examination Centre, they should report at least an hour before the last reporting time i.e. 12.30 pm so that there is enough time for proper frisking without any inconvenience to the candidate while maintaining the sanctity of the examination.
- Slippers, sandals with low heels are permitted. Shoes are not permitted. In case of any deviation required due to unavoidable (medical, etc.) circumstances, specific approval of NTA must be taken before the Admit Cards are issued.
- Please refer the following documents in case if you need additional information:
- For Tamil, Additional information in Tamil
- For English, Additional information in English
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.