Vellore - Register as Voter (Voters ID Card or Electro Photo Identity Card)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to office of the chief electoral officer Tamil Nadu website (chief electoral officer office)
- Read the instruction carefully and click on "Our Services" Facility link on top of the page.
- Click on "Online Registration Facility" and it will open Tamil Nadu Elections Department Online Enrollment form.
- Fill out all the required details and submit the form.
- After couple of months, concerned officer will come to your house to validate the information. You have to submit Xerox copy of your age and address proof to the officer. Then all other process will happen offline and your name will be added to the Tamil Nadu Election Commissions Voters list and you will receive voter id card.
- Ration Card (or)
- Driving License (or)
- Passport or Visa
- Birth Certificate (or)
- School/College Certificate (or)
- Passport / Visa
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
- Public (Elections) Department, Secretariat,
Fort St George, Chennai - 600 009
- You can get the contact details of the relevant election officers election officer contact.
- Link for important contacts: important contacts
- The citizens of India who crossed 18 years of age are eligible to vote in elections in India.
- The electoral officers regularly add people who are 18years old into the voter list.
- No Fees required, if you are getting a voter ID card for the first time.
- Voter ID card is valid FOREVER.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- It takes 5 to 7 weeks to receive voter ID.
- If you do not receive a registration card in the mail, contact your state election office to confirm you are registered.
Tamil Nadu - Register As Voter (Voters Id Card Or Electro Photo Identity Card)
தமிழ்நாடு - வாக்காளர் பதிவு (வாக்காளர்கள் ஐடி கார்ட் அல்லது எலக்ட்ரோ புகைப்பட அடையாள அட்டை)
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- Voter ID card or Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is an identification card issued by the Election Commission to all eligible voters, to enable voter identification on Election Day.
- All Indian citizens who are above 18 years of age are having their rights to franchise their rights to vote.
- One can’t vote without a valid Voter ID
- Voter Id is considered as one of the document for applying Pan card, Ration Card, Driving License etc.
Information which might help
- According to Section 14 (b) of the R. P. Act, 1950, the qualifying date (qualification of 18 years) means the first day of January of the year in which the electoral roll is prepared or revised.
- Article 326 of the Constitution read with Sec. 16 of R. P. Act, 1950 says that, a person who is not a citizen of India cannot be registered as a voter.
- A person cannot be enrolled as a voter in more than one place in the same constituency or in more than one constituency in view of the provisions contained under Sec. 17 and 18 of R. P. Act, 1950.
- If you have any grievance in regard to electoral roll, Electors Photo Identity Card or any other election related matter you may approach following Officers:-
- Chief Electoral Officer---------------------At the State Level
- District Election Officer-------------------At the District Level
- Returning Officer _________________At the Constituency Level
- Assistant Returning Officer__________At Taluka/Tahsil Level
- Electoral Registration Officer________ At the Constituency Level
- Presiding Officer __________________ At Polling Station
- Zonal Officer _____________________ For a group of Polling stations
- During every election, the Commission appoints Observers who are senior civil service officers from outside the state. If you have any grievances or problems, you should approach them.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Your Voter ID card serves as general purpose identity proof, address proof and age proof such as buying a mobile phone SIM or applying for a passport.
- A person cannot be enrolled as a voter in more than one place in the same constituency or in more than one constituency in view of the provisions contained under Sec. 17 and 18 of R. P. Act, 1950..
- Your Voter ID card serves as general purpose identity proof, address proof and age proof such as buying a mobile phone SIM or applying for a passport.