Vellore - Register a Pet Shop
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Register a Pet Shop in Vellore.
No person can operate a pet shop or carry on the business of trade in pet animals without a certificate of registration from the concerned State Animal Welfare Board – “Directorate of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Service” is the board concerned.
- Applicant shall approach their area Veterinary Wing of respective municipality or the animal welfare board meant for their respective area to register pet shop.
- Link for contact details: contact link please refer from page 11.
- Link for contact details: #Link for contact details: Panchayat AND Rural development please select the “contacts” menu to get drop down list. Here select the appropriate section to get page to get the details as required. AND link AND link2 please select “Who’s who” option from the left part of the screen for contact details.
- Go to the respective office.
- Meet the respective authority at the office. Applicant shall get the advice from the authority to be followed in order to register.
- Collect the applicable application form or write on a plain A4 paper as per advice.
- Online link to download application form: link
- Submit the completed application form, fees along with required document as per our page.
- Authorities will check the submitted application form and other documents. If all are in place the application will be accepted.
- A receipt of acknowledgement will be provided for the acceptance of application. Keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed further.
- On a scheduled date, a team comprising Animal Welfare Board, administrative department and veterinary practitioner will inspect the place/shop and submit a report.
- Once all the above mentioned steps are complete and the submitted report is satisfactory. The sanctioning authority from the board may register the pet shop.
- Applicant gets notification from the department. Please follow the notification to get the certificate.
- It is advised to submit another set of copy of the documents and get counter signed for your safety while applying with government department.
- Visit your known pet shop in your area and consult with them for any latest update and requirements.
- Application form
- Residential proof
- Identity proof
- Structure stability certificate
- Details of accommodation/infrastructure available at proposed pet shop premises
- Details of working hours and rest day
- Ventilation arrangement
- Lighting arrangement
- Cooling or heating arrangement and how comfortable the temperature will be maintained
- Arrangements for food storage
- Arrangement for disposal of animals that die
- Arrangement for the provision of medical and veterinary attention
- Details of pet animals proposed to be displayed or house in the Pet Shop for sale (types of animals, number of animals, accommodation/number and size of cages)
- Details of cheque /demand draft number for payment of a fee
- Premises ownership proof
- Registration of shop
- Rental agreement in case of tenant
- Site and Key plan
- Indemnity bond
- Water bill paid receipt
- Electricity bill copy
- Passport size photo (latest)
- Aadhaar Card
- Apart from the above listed documents, authorities may ask for additional information or document. Please provide them for smooth processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Directorate of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Service
DMS Complex, 3rd Floor Block 2,
Chennai - 600018
Phone : 044 - 24321070, 24321614
Fax : 044 - 24323784
Contact Link: link1
Greater Chennai Corporation,
Sydenhams Rd, KannapparThidal,
Periyamet, Chennai – 600003,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Ph : +91 044-25619300 / 044-25384438
E-mail : [email protected]
Fax : 25383962.
Link for contact information: #Link for contact details: link1 AND link2 please select the “contacts” menu to get drop down list. Here select the appropriate section to get page to get the details as required. AND link AND link2 please select “Who’s who” option from the left part of the screen for contact details.
If an individual applies then he/she should be a
- major (aged 18 or above)
- Of Sound Mind
- Not disqualified by law from entering into a contract
In case person refers to association/corporation/company, such association/corporation/company shall be duly registered with the law.
- Applicant has to pay fees while applying. In addition, if there are other fees required to be paid, please pay as per requirement.
- Please pay as authority’s advice at the time of applying.
- Don’t forget to take the receipt for the payment.
- For two years
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- 30 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M%22 Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Pet shop registration can be denied if the minimum space requirements are not followed.
- Make sure to take all original along with copy while applying in person.
- Applicable fees
- Name of the pet shop
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the applicant
- Mobile number
- email ID
Need for the Document
- To establish and operate a pet shop one has to register the pet shop and obtain a license.
- The primary objective is to ensure that sale of a tender-aged animal is avoided.
Information which might help
- Pet shop owners are advised to take precaution in order to avoid untimely deaths and spread of contagious diseases.
- Keep sale of potential pet animals under check and under-regulated limits.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.