Vellore - Register a Cyber Crime Complaint
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant shall register a cyber-crime complaint with the cyber-crime cell of the city where they are currently in.
- If applicant is not in access to any of the cyber cells, they can file a “First Information Report (FIR)” at the local police station. In case the complaint is not accepted there, they can approach the Commissioner or the district level police authority office to make their complaint.
- The victim of cyber-crime should write a complaint narrating the whole incident – Brief history is to be mentioned.
- Go to the cyber-crime cell near you. If you are not in access of cyber-crime cell then reach the nearest police station.
- Victim can record “zero FIR” through a policeman and then the complaint will be forwarded to the local nearest police station to file the complaint.
- Following link provides contact details: link please select your district for contact details.
- Please register your complaint along with printout of screen shot of the online portal, URL and other required documents as per our “Required Document” section.
- On receiving the complaint, authorities will investigate and clarify their doubts before registering.
- If the submitted complaint is in detail and the supporting documents are in place the complaint will be recorded by the respective authority.
- Victim will get the FIR number for registered complaint. Keep it safe for future reference.
- This complaint will be investigated by the team and compliant gets information and notification about the progress.
- Compliant shall follow the department notice to get justice.
Apply through National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal
- Go to the online portal. Link for the portal: online portal
- In the given page please click “Report Other Cyber Crime” menu option.
- A new screen will be provided. Please go through the information and click “File a complaint” button.
- Applicant will reach another page. Please go through the instructions and click “I Accept” button.
- User will reach login page. User shall access the “Citizen Login” section.
- Please complete the prompted details as appropriate and click “Get OTP” button to get OTP in your mobile.
- Now enter the received OTP at the prompted space and click “Submit” button.
- Once the login is successful applicant will reach “Report & Track” page.
- Applicant has to complete the mandatory details as prompted for “Incident Details”, “Suspect Details”, “Complaint Details” section one by one.
- Once you reach “Preview & Submit” section, preview of the application will be displayed. If all the details are correct click “I Agree” check box and then click “Confirm & Submit” button.
- A system generated acknowledgement number will be displayed. Save it for future reference. Click “OK” button to close the acknowledgement popup.
- Applicant shall use the “Download PDF” button to download and print the application form
- This complaint will be processed further. Please follow the department notification to get justice.
- Victim should record all the details about the fraud or crime by taking screen shot of the website screen/page and save it in a USB drive or mail it to their email ID.
- A written complaint
- Compliant ID proof
- Compliant Residence proof
- Aadhaar card
- Copy of emails (forwarded mails should be avoided)
- Printout of screenshot showing the alleged transaction/details of crime.
- Printout showing URL
- Copy of stolen data
- Original bank statement to show the amount credible for the complaint.
- SMS of the suspected transaction.
- A soft copy of the above online details on a cd or on a USB drive.
- Self declaration
- Aadhaar Card
- Apart from the above listed documents, authorities may ask for additional information or document. Please provide them for smooth processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Cyber Crime Cell, Central Crime Branch,
Assistant Commissioner of Police,
Commissioner office Campus,
Vepery, Chennai- 600007.
Contact Details: +91-40-2345 2348, 2345 2350
Director general of police,
Director General of Police Post Box No.601,
Dr. Radhakrishnan Salai, Mylapore, Chennai 600 004
Ph : 044-28448000,044-28447701
Email : [email protected]
Link for contact information: link
- Victim of criminal activity carried on by the use of computers and the Internet.
- Some of the common cyber-crimes are hacking, cyber stalking, denial of service attack (DoS), virus dissemination, software piracy and credit card fraud.
This is a service for the public and doesn’t need to pay charges/fees.
The complaint registered is valid for the investigation and till the closure of the complaint.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- The complaint registration is instant.
- The investigation and closure of the complaint depends on the case proceeding and finds.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M%22 Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Don’t forget to take all the originals of the document along with copy for filing the complaint.
- Better inform to a advocate about the incident as soon as possible.
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the applicant
- Father's Name
- email ID
- Mobile number
Need for the Document
- A compliant shall register following offence for investigation
- Social Media Fraud,
- Financial Fraud,
- Hacking of Email ID/ Facebook ID/ Bank Accounts,
- Creation of fraud account,
- Publishing obscene materials in Facebook.
Information which might help
- The moment you encounter such situation, please follow the below steps to safeguard further damage.
- Change your Credit/debit card PIN number.
- Change your Net banking password.
- Change your password for your entire login
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.