Vellore - Refund of Tax for a vehicle
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Refund of Tax for a vehicle in Vellore.
Apply in person:
- Applicant can apply for refund of tax paid for the vehicle which was not used on the road for a specific period.
- To apply for refund of Tax for a vehicle in Tamil Nadu, the applicant has to approach the RTO office for his area. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office:RTO Office List
- Application in Form 16 can be obtained from RTO on your visit.
- Please make sure you have all the documents that are listed down the “Required Document” section of this page.
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that can be completed and presented with appropriate fees as advised.
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Verification of document and vehicle related inspection will be carried out.
- The Regional Transport Officer concerned shall be the authority competent to sanction refund of tax after the verification and internal processing of the application.
- If all are satisfactory, Applicant will get the refund of tax.
- Application Form
- Vehicle Chassis Imprint
- New Insurance Copy, PUC Copy, State Transfer NOC (Photocopy)
- Road Tax Receipt as originally paid in First State where vehicle was registered earlier.
- Police clearance certificate stating that this vehicle is not a stolen one.
- Consent from the Financier if it is hypothecated under a hire purchase.
- New Road Tax receipt photocopy as Paid in new state.
- ID Proof with New Address Proof as Proof of Migration
- Request letter for refund along Bank Account Number / Address on which cheque needs to be sent
- New Registration Authority has to send CRTI Intimation that vehicle is registered in New State
- NEW RC & Aadhaar card
- 2 Photograph of the applicant
- FIR and Inspection report (In case of accident)
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Ezhilagam, Chepauk, Chennai - 600 005.
Tamil Nadu State - Transport Department Contacts: RTO Office List
- Only in name of original owner who has initially paid in road tax.
- Provided - that the original Owner who registers the vehicles, takes NOC for shifting vehicle in other State on his/her name and re-register the vehicle in his / her name.
- Thus - For refund of Tax - the Original Owner name should be same as in First State and Second State
Fees related information can be obtained from the following link :Fee information
- RTO authorities may provide more information on Tax
Refund of tax is a process and the validity of the claim for the refund is valid as soon as you shifted the registered vehicle to new state and register the vehicle there.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The whole process will take minimum 3 months to at least a year.
Advertise On This Page
Tamil Nadu - Refund of Tax for Vehicle
தமிழ்நாடு - வாகனத்திற்கு வரி செலுத்துதல்
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
In the case of a motor vehicle for which tax has been paid for any quarter, half year, or year, or life time, as the case may be, but the vehicle has not been used on any public road for a continuous period of not less than one month, within the above period, refund of tax paid for such period of non-use shall be made at the rates specified below.
Note : The period of use of a motor vehicle on a public road, without carrying any passengers, for the purpose of moving it from one depot to another or from one workshop to another for carrying out repairs, shall not be considered as used on any public road and such period may be taken into account for computing the period for which the vehicle has not been used in public road.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.