Vellore - Pay Vehicle Tax (Green Tax)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Pay Vehicle Tax (Green Tax) in Vellore.
Pay Online: - Vellore Pay Vehicle Tax (Green Tax) Online with Images
- To pay the vehicle tax online, click the following link: Pay Online
- Now enter your vehicle registration number in the textbox at the left side of the page and click “PROCEED” tab.
- A popup box displaying your vehicle details will appear. Click “Proceed” tab to move to the next page.
- Now click “Pay Your Tax” option to know the tax details and make payment.
- Now you have to validate your vehicle registration number by clicking “Validate Regn_no/Chasi_no” tab.
- In the next page, please enter your valid mobile number in the textbox and click “Generate OTP” tab to receive the OTP.
- Now enter the OTP in the textbox and click “Submit” tab to proceed further.
- Now you will be able to find vehicle details like owner information, latest tax details, permit details etc.,
- Under “Tax Details” section, enter the number of Month / Year / Quarter (if tax is upto date).
- Then select the tax mode from the dropdown menu to calculate the tax amount.
- Auto generated tax amount payable will be displayed. Note down the tax amount and click “Payment” tab.
- A popup screen displaying payment collection details will appear. Please read it carefully and click the checkbox against declaration. Then click “Confirm Payment” tab.
- Now you will be directed to the payment gateway. Choose the payment gateway as applicable from the dropdown menu and click the checkbox against declaration. Then click “Continue” tab.
- Now pay the tax amount using applicable payment mode. Then enter your bank details and complete transaction process by clicking “Pay Now” tab at the bottom of each payment mode.
- After successful payment, fee receipt will be generated. Click “Print” tab to print the receipt.
- Keep it safe for future reference.
- Registration certificate (For reference)
Office Locations & Contacts
- Tamil Nadu transport department contact can be obtained from the following link: Contact. Select the option either “District” or “Zone”. Then choose the option from the dropdown menu as applicable and click “Show” tab to know the contact details.
- Owner of the vehicle can pay the road tax.
- In some cases, family members also can pay the tax.
- Fee amount will be generated at the time of payment.
- Know your MV tax by visiting the following link: MV tax. Select applicable option to get the proper tax amount to be paid.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Vehicle registration number
- Mobile number
- Details about your tax mode
- Chassis number
- Previous tax payment details
- Bank details
Need for the Document
- Road tax is a compulsory tax to be paid by each individual purchasing a vehicle.
- Green tax / Pollution tax / Environment tax is levied on older vehicles as a penalty since the engine becomes old and emits a lot of smoke in the environment.
- Owner of the old vehicle has to pay this tax for polluting the environment.
Information which might help
- Road tax payment is made annually or once in a lifetime.
- During the registration process, one can pay the road tax. It depends on the criteria of the state government.
- Private vehicles aged more than 15 years and commercial vehicles aged more than 8 years have to pay the green tax. This varies from state to state.
- Green tax varies with the categorization of the vehicle.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help to make this process in Vellore can be obtained below.