Vellore - Obtain a New Water Connection
Revision as of 11:10, 3 July 2020 by Wesley (Created page with "==Procedure== <br>This procedure explains various ways to Obtain a New Water Connection in Vellore.<br><br> #For new water connection to their premises, applicant shall apply...")
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain a New Water Connection in Vellore.
- For new water connection to their premises, applicant shall apply with their respective municipal commissioner office.
- If there are multiple agencies involved in water service delivery then, applicant has to get a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the respective authority (usually municipal office) first and then allotment letter from the respective department (housing / development authority) as appropriate and apply.
Apply In-Person :
- To apply for new water connection go to the municipal commissioner office in your area.
- Link for contact details :link for district Select district option from the left part of the screen. In the given page please select the name of the district to reach respective district page. Here select the hyperlink for respective portal. In the district portal please select “DIRECTORY>PUBLIC UTILITIES>Municipalities “ or “DIRECTORY >Contact Directory” or “ABOUT DISTRICT>ADMINISTRATIVE SETUP> Revenue Administration” option for contact details.
- Go to the respective office and consult with authority to do the preliminary round of discussion for your need. Once the details (any updated changes in government policy) are clarified, please arrange all the requirements.
- An application form for new water connection can be obtained from respective office on your visit Or can be a written one or use the link to download form link
- Complete the application form attach the entire required document and submit it to the receiving authority.
- Once the application is received, authorities will verify the details and advise to pay the fees / charges (if applicable). So, please follow their guidelines to initiate the process.
- Applicant will be provided with a receipt for the successful submission of application. Authority will also mention about the probable days/date for the next step of activity.
- This application will be processed internally. Authorities will make an estimate about charges on distance of the house to the main pipe for any raw material requirement. Apart from this, applicant will also have to pay for road cutting charges. Please follow department advise in completing the requirement to get the water connection.
- Connection will be provided upon notification after the authorities from the respective department makes inspection.
- Applicant may have to provide required hardware In case of any arrangement for connection is required.
- It is illegal to connect the water supply by motor.
- Application form. link
- Xerox copy of building sanction plan.
- Receipt of the payment of building sanction fees.
- No Objection Certificate from the assessment and collection department.
- Proof of Identity.
- Residence Proof (telephone bill/electricity bill)
- Aadhaar card.
- Electoral Photo Id Card / Passport / PAN Card / DL.
- Property Tax receipt.
- Proof for the ownership of the premises.
- Self Declaration that property has been assessed/reassessed
- In case of tenant applying – Then get authentication letter from proper owner along with the agreement for lease of the said property for which the NOC is required.
- Site plan showing the layout of house or premises where water connection is intended.
- NOC from Neighbouring landlord, if the pipe line crosses his property (if required)
- NOC for cutting the road that comes under jurisdiction of Municipality/PWD or National Highway.(if required)
- Note: Apart from the above documents authorities may ask to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
- You should be the citizen of India.
- Property should be in the state.
- Those who require Water supply (for the premises or land whose state government taxes are active and paid on time).
- Water Connection Fees need to be paid as applicable
- Application Fees /charges should be paid as applicable and as advised by the authorities in terms of area.
The connection availed will be available as long as the required tax or charges as per the department are paid.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
30 working days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Contact the Assistant Engineer or the competent authority of the local office of the water supply Department.
- Name of the applicant
- Complete details regarding your House / Building
Need for the Document
- Government has implemented a well organised water distribution system for the public use.
- As climatic changes have affected the ground water level and acute shortage in rainfall has resulted in need of water connection from government water supply.
- Applicant has to follow proper application procedure to get this connection.
- Applicant should have paid all the tax related to the property for which he needs connection and the NOC from respective office is a mandatory one.
Information which might help
- The objective of the water supply department - Municipal Corporation is to provide uninterrupted water supply to the residents.
- Beware – Law is strict against those who dodge to follow the amendments.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.