Vellore - Obtain a ECO Mark for your Product
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain a ECO Mark for your Product in Vellore.
- Bureau of Indian Standards - BIS grants licences to environment friendly products under a special scheme and awards the ECO MARK to such products.
- The certification activities of Bureau of Indian Standards are de-centralized to its five regional offices. The central region located in Delhi, the eastern region located in Kolkata, the northern region located in Chandigarh, the southern region located in Chennai and the western region located in Mumbai.
- The Deputy Director General (Region) is the granting, renewing and cancellation authority of the licence and this activity is coordinated by the Management Systems Certification Officer of the region.
- Applicant shall approach Branch Office under whose dominion the applicant is operating.
- Link for contact details: Branch Office link Please click the Branch office area name to get contact details. AND System Certification Officer link
- Obtain the application form from the respective authorities.
- Applicant shall submit the filled application form with required documents as per our required document section along with demanded fee.
- Submitted application will be verified by the authorities. If all are in place submitted application will be accepted.
- Applicant will be provided with receipt for submission of application as acknowledgement.
- This application will be processed internally.
- On agreed date authorities will do preliminary inspection of the unit for manufacturing and quality control facility.
- Product samples will be tested to ensure that they meet requirements of eco mark.
- A copy of testing and inspection result will be given to applicant. Applicant has to pay the fees incurred for inspection and lab fee for testing as advised.
- After all the above steps are completed. Designated authority from BIS will review the inspection report, test report, acceptance letter from applicant and payment of fees as per requirement. If all are satisfactory license will granted and delivered to applicant as per applicable norms.
- The award may be withdrawn by the BIS if they find any misleading information. It can also withdraw the award in case of technology advancement or any other valid reason.
- Application form
- Environmental clearance certificate from the pollution control board of the concerned state.
- Small scale industries registration certificate.
- Insurance policy
- Registration certificate of industry
- Receipt of property tax for the premises
- List consisting names of Manufacturing machinery
- Aadhar card of directors
- Self declaration
- Copy of Test Reports
- Apart from the above listed documents, authorities may ask for additional information or document. Please provide them for smooth processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
9 Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
Tel : +91 11 23230131, 23233375, 23239402 (10 lines)
Fax : +91 11 23234062, 23239399, 23239382
After office hours : +91 11 23215936
Email : [email protected]
Contact Link : link
Southern Region Office, Tamil Nadu,
C.I.T. Campus, IV Cross Road,
Chennai 600 113.
Tel : 044-22541442, 22541216, 22542519
Fax : 91-044-22541087
Email : [email protected]
Link for contact information: Link
- Manufacturers who manufacture following list of products which are applicable for ECOMARK (earthern pot symbolizes the Eco-mark) shall be found in the following link : link
Products that are
- Substantially less potential for pollution in production, usage and disposal.
- Recycled, recyclable, made from recycled or biodegradable products.
- Make significant contribution in saving non-renewable resources and natural resources.
- Production process including source of raw material.
- Likely impact on the environment.
- Suitability for recycling or packaging.
- Non-refundable application fees Rs.500.
- Testing and Inspection charges as applicable.
The ECOMARK certification is granted for a period of one year initially and can be renewed for a period of two years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- 30 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M%22 Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Don’t forget to take all the originals of the document along with copy for applying.
- Ensure that application is complete before submission.
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the applicant
- Father's Name
- email ID
- Mobile number
Need for the Document
- This certification is required by the manufacturer to get an incentive in order to reduce adverse impact of their products on the environment.
- To promote environmentally-safe product among citizens.
Information which might help
- One application form for one product will be accepted.
- Government of India launched its first eco-label, known as ‘Eco-mark’ through Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB)
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.