Vellore - Obtain a Duplicate Death Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain a Duplicate Death Certificate in Vellore.
- Applicant in need of duplicate death certificate shall apply with the office from where it was obtained.
- Applicant should provide date of death as well as a document to show their connection to the deceased.
- Please use the following portal to reach online portal link
- In the given page please use the “New User Registration” option on the right part of the page to register.
- Once register please use the login credentials as appropriate and click “Login” button.
- A new page will be provided for user to enter the details for activation code. Please complete the prompts as appropriate and click the “Submit” button.
- A new screen will be provided. Here please select “Services” menu.
- Here please select “Print Death Certificate” option under “Birth and Death” section.
- User will get prompt page for Death registration – Search. Please complete the pagre prompts as appropriate and complete “Search” button.
- A list of records matching the details provided will be shown.
- Please look for matching detail and click the “Select” option under Action and select “print” option.
- Resulting page shows report for the respective selection. Here select the “Print preview English” or “print Preview Tamil” button to take printout of the death certificate.
- Applicant shall approach the “panchayat/ municipal/Corporation / Health Department” from where the certificate was obtained.
- Link for contact. link1 AND link1 AND Chennai corporation
- Application form can be obtained from the respective office while applicant visits OR Applicant shall write an application on an A4 paper. Please affix the advised stamp on the paper as per requirement.
- Submit the completed application form, required documents and fees (if required).
- Authorities will verify the details submitted. They will process the request to get the duplicate copy.
- Applicant shall collect the duplicate death certificate as per notified period (usually on same day).
- Alternatively you may check record online and get print out if it is sufficient to serve your purpose.
- Date and time of death
- Name of the deceased
- Parents name.
- document to show their connection to the deceased (Legal heir certificate/ration card/ Family Member Certificate/ Certificate for Relatives of Deceased Person)
- Aadhaar card
- ID card of the applicant
- Residential Proof
- Hospital death report
Office Locations & Contacts
Greater Chennai Corporation,
Sydenhams Rd, KannapparThidal,
Periyamet, Chennai – 600003,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Ph : +91 044-25619300 / 044-25384438
e-mail : [email protected]
Fax : 25383962.
- Those who lost the death certificate (relative of the deceased).
- Death certificate will be issued to any citizen or any foreigner's legal heir, the death of whose relative takes place in the State.
- Parents and relatives of the deceased are eligible.
- As authorities quote.
- Death Certificate valid forever.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- It’s a same day process if the details are appropriate.
- Duplicate copy can be obtained instantly through online process (as per availability).
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
Following are the required information to apply
- Date of death
- Name of deceased
- Name of the father
- Name of the mother
- Place of death
- Hospital name, address (if in hospital)
Need for the Document
- As per the Registration of Births and Deaths Act 1969, it is mandatory to register every death with the concerned State Government within 21 days of its occurrence. If not registered within 21 days, permission has to be obtained from the Registrar/Area Magistrate by paying prescribed fee for late registration and can get death certificate.
- A Death Certificate is a document issued by the Government to the nearest relatives of the deceased, stating the date, fact and cause of death.
- It is essential to register death to prove the time and date of death, to establish the fact of death for relieving the individual from social, legal and official obligations
- To enable settlement of property inheritance, the family to collect insurance and other benefits. Death certificate is an important official document issued for the purpose of settlement of all the belongings and benefits of the deceased individual to the relatives
- In view of such importance, one has to obtain duplicate death certificate in case of the one is lost or misplaced
Information which might help
- If you report the death within 21 days of occurrence, you can obtain free (in most of the states) copy of the death certificate / extract after verification.
- Deaths taking place in a medical institution will be intimated for registration by the institution directly to the registering authority.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.