Vellore - Obtain a Caste Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The applicant can make the request to the Tahsildars with or without the recommendation of the Revenue Inspectors/Village Administrative Officers.
- The Tahsildar will fix a time when the certificate shall be issued either by him or by the Deputy Tahsildar.
- The list of applicants for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe Certificates may be published in the notice boards of Taluk and Panchayat Union Offices and Panchayats and Chavadi in the Village concerned inviting objections from the public before enquiry is made.
- The Community is determined with reference to the documents registered, Community Certificates obtained earlier by the parents/relatives, school Certificates of the person concerned or of parents, open inquiries in the village including the members of the local body, verification of their place of residence, personal inquiry of the applicant, etc
- Fully filled application form (http://cms.tn.gov.in/sites/default/files/forms/cert-community_0_0.pdf)
- Ration card
- School leaving certificate or transfer certificate
- Community certificates of parents or school certificates of parents
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
Details of 10 Taluks in Chennai District - Name, Location with Telephone Numbers (After Bifurcation of Taluks)
- Tondiarpet Taluk
Corporation Community Centre, Door No. 473, Thiruvoittyur High Road, (Nearby to Appolo Hospital) Opp. to Cholrea Hospital), Tondiarpet, Chennai-600 081
- Purasaiwalkam Taluk
No.3, Raja Muthaiah Salai (Old FortTondiarpet Taluk office),. Purasaiwalkam, Chennai-600 003. (Near Nehru Indoor Stadium)
- Perambur Taluk
No.3, Perambur High Road,Near Perambur Railway Station, Perambur, Chennai-600 011.
Telephone No.: 25375131
- Ayanavaram Taluk
No.25, United India Colony first main Road, Ayanavaram, Chennai- 600 023 (Near AyanavaramMarket)
Telephone No.: 26741726
- Egmore Taluk
No.88, Mayor Ramanathan Salai, Chetpet, Chennai-600 034 (NearPalimer Hotel)
Telephone No.: 28361890
- Aminjikarai Taluk
No.4, West Mada Street,Koyambedu, Aminjikarai,Chennai -600 107 (Near Kurungaleeswarar Temple)
Telephone No.: 24791727
- Mylapore Taluk
No.28, PasumponMuthuramalingam Salai, RajaAnnamalaipuram, Chennai-600 028 (Near Greenways Railway Station)
Telephone No.: 24331292
- Velachery Taluk
No.113, V.V.Koil Street,Institute of Road Transport Training centre complex,.Tharamani 100 feet Road,Chennai -600 113.
Telephone No.: 22541727
- Mambalam Taluk
New No.1, Old No.2, Bharathidasan Salai, K.K.Nagar,. Chennai-600 078 (Near R.T.O. office)
Telephone No.: 24891464
- Guindy Taluk
No.370,Corporation Zone Office, Anna Salai, Richards Park Saidapet, Chennai-15 (Opp. to Panagal Building)
Telephone No.: 24331727
- Tahsildar office in Chennai - http://www.justdial.com/Chennai/tahsildar-office
- Taluk office in Tirunelveli - http://www.justdial.com/Tirunelveli/taluk-office-%3Cnear%3E-tirunelveli-town/0462PX462-X462-001024413336-S2C5
- Tahsildar office in Madurai - http://www.justdial.com/Madurai/government-tahsildar-office-south-%3Cnear%3E-Arignar-Anna-Nagar/0452PX452-X452-100223114512-U6Y1
- Taluk office in Virudhunagar - http://www.asklaila.com/listing/Virudhunagar/Sattur/Taluk+Office/10oxJa7w/
- Taluk office in Coimbatore - http://www.justdial.com/Coimbatore/government-tahsildar-%3Cnear%3E-coimbatore-central/0422PX422-X422-100108151155-B2Z2, http://www.asklaila.com/listing/Coimbatore/Gopala+Puram/Tahsildar+Taluk+Office+For+South+Coimbatore/1kXKXaES/
- Taluk office in Salem - http://www.asklaila.com/listing/Salem/Mulluvadi/Special+Tahsildar+Office/D5k70MZu/
- Taluk office in Cudallore - http://www.justdial.com/Pondicherry/taluk-office-cuddalore-ho-%3Cnear%3E-Cuddalore-Ho/0413P413STD2701265)
- Taluk office in Dindigul - http://www.asklaila.com/listing/Dindigul/Usilampatti/Dindigul+Taluk+Office/1MRLhSKm/
Any Citizen covered under the OBC, MBC, SC, ST communities can avail the service For children's should have completed 3 years.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Certificate is valid for your entire life.
Documents to Use
Community Certificate Form VALID FOR LIFE
It may not exceed 15 days for all communities except the Scheduled Tribes. For the Scheduled Tribes, the maximum limit is 30 days.
Tamil Nadu - Obtain a Caste Certificate - In English
தமிழ்நாடு - சாதி சான்றிதழை பெறுதல் - தமிழ்
Tamil Nadu - Obtain a Caste Certificate - English
தமிழ்நாடு - சாதி சான்றிதழைப் பெறுதல் - தமிழ்
This system of issuing permanent Community Certificates will apply to the institutions in Tamil Nadu coming under the control of the State Government. It will not have any binding on the institutions of the Government of India, its undertakings and other State Governments.
- Name of the Applicant
- Father/Husbands Name
- Sex (M/F)
- Residential Address
- Ration Card No (Copy to be enclosed)
- School Leaving Certificate / Transfer Certificate(Copy to be enclosed)
- Details of Community Certificate of Parents
- Details of School Certificates of Parents
- Date of application
Need for the Document
The system of issuing permanent Community Certificate was introduced in the year 1988 in Tamil Nadu. This is valid for securing admission in all Educational Institutions and other professional institutions and also for employment.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
As part of the Indian system of Protective Discrimination, there exist certain special privileges granted to the category of citizens, such as reservation of seats in the Legislatures and in the Government Service, waiving off a part or the whole of the fees for admission to schools and colleges, quotas in educational institutions, relaxation of upper age limits for applying to certain jobs, etc.
The revenue Department issues the caste certificate informing the individual belongs to a particular caste listed by the Tamil Nadu government. This is specially required by the students and individuals joining government services. This is only a temporary certificate. It may be used for several years. An individual cannot change his / her caste. However, while converting into another religion, the class may change necessitating a new community certificate.
So, whenever converting to another religion, the concerned individuals should register the same and obtain new caste certificates.
There are some other reasons apart from education when caste certificate is required. For example, the 2-daughters welfare scheme. A specific certificate only for this purpose will be issued.