Vellore - Obtain a Below Poverty Line (BPL) Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain a Below Poverty Line (BPL) Certificate in Vellore.
BPL certificate will be issued in the name of head of family. This certificate will have the names of other members in the family members so that the other members may use the certificate for the benefits meant for BPL families.
- To apply, the eligible person has to apply with required documents to the concerned village Panchayat/ Block Panchayat / municipal authority.
- Link for contact details :link1 AND link2 please select the “contacts” menu to get drop down list. Here select the appropriate section to get page to get the details as required. AND link AND link2
- Please go to the respective office.
- Get the form for this certificate or write on a plain paper as advised.
- Submit the completed application along with required documents to the receiving authority.
- Authorities after checking the application and documents will make entries at the respective register and provide applicant a record number for reference.
- Keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed further.
- There will be a ground level verification and scrutiny of the documents and details by the department authorities.
- After verifying the details and conducting a local inquiry into the facts and merits of the case, the respective panchayat/Gram sabha or the respective authority issues the Certificate.
- Application form.
- Identity proof.
- Self declaration from the applicant
- Ration Card
- Complete information about income sources
- Residential Proof: Residential Certificate issued by Local administration office/ Aadhar card / Passport / Driving License / Ration Card / Govt. Id card / Defence ID Card / PAN Card.
- Age proof (birth certificate / school certificate)
- Applicant passport size photograph.
- Aadhaar card
- Affix stamp as advised by authorities if required.
- All original and copy of original with self attestation as advised by respective authorities to be submitted as per requirement.
- Apart from the above documents authorities may ask to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Greater Chennai Corporation,
Sydenhams Rd, KannapparThidal,
Periyamet, Chennai – 600003,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Ph : +91 044-25619300 / 044-25384438
e-mail : [email protected]
Fax : 25383962.
- The income limit for qualifying as a beneficiary under the BPL (below poverty line) list has been fixed as Rs. 27,000 per annum and in some state the amount varies as per G.O.
- Applicant must be a resident of the state
- Citizen of India
This service doesn’t require fees, but charges for affixing stamp may be required.
As mentioned on the certificate
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
7 to 15 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or Country of Birth.
Need for the Document
- To gain government aids offered for the section of people whose earning or less as classified
- To secure seat in educational institution
- For getting ration card classified for the given class
Information which might help
- Avoid using fabricated documents to avail this certificate as it is punishable.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.