Vellore - Obtain Seed Certification
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain Seed Certification in Vellore.
- In general seed certification refers to the tag obtained from the seed certificate department authority (Assistant seed certification officer) for the applied lot from the registered seed producing entity (Firm/unit/farm).
- This certificate will describe about certified seed type (paddy/wheat etc.), Class of seed, Date of issue of certificate, Date of test, Tag Number, Validity of certificate and more.
- Seed certification is a process designed to ensure the acceptable standards of seed viability, vigour, purity and seed health to maintain and make available to the general public continuous supply of high quality seeds and propagating materials of notified kinds and varieties of crops.
- The state certification authority is “Department of Seed Certification”.
Pre requisite to apply
- Applicant should obtained seed production certificate under the seed certification programme
- Applicant should subject certification tag, Purchase records of seeds sowed for verification of Seed Source.
- The field on which the seed grown for certification must be Inspected in regular terms and the report should be made available with the department.
- Post-harvest Supervision conducted by designated authority.
Once the above steps are in place, applicant shall subject Seed Sampling and Analysis as follows.
- Applicant should go to their respective office to apply.
- Applicant should bring applicable size of Sample to be submitted along with application. The details for the size of sample need be submitted shall be obtained from department.
- Link for contact details: link
- Please collect the appropriate application form as per officer’s advice or write on a A4 sheet.
- Link for application form : Application Form Please refer application forms from page 10.
- Submit the completed application, registration fees deposited challan (or pay as per department norms) along with required documents as mentioned in our required documents session.
- After accepting the application, officials will check the documents.
- If all are in place, authority will issue a receipt for the accepted application.
- This application will be processed further by the department. Seeds shall be sent for analysis to the Seed Testing Laboratory.
- The submitted documents will be subjected for Scrutiny.
- Seed Certification Officer (SCO) or the concerned authority will do their due diligence with the help of the periodical reports submitted by the applicant.
- With the report from Seed Certification Officer (SCO) or the concerned authority along with Seed Analysis Report will be subjected for final approval.
- Based on approval, grant of certificate, certification tags, labelling, sealing etc. will be prepared
- Once the license is prepared with sign and seal of the respective authority, applicant gets intimation to collect the License.
- Applicant can collect the license or it will be delivered as per applicable norms.
- Certificate shall be revoked if the applicant fails to comply with norms of the department with one time show cause notice.
- Valid copy of seed producer certificate.
- Certification tag
- Purchase records of the sown seeds
- Application form.
- Company Letter head
- Rubber stamp in the company name
- Details of seeds handled
- Authorization from company if any.
- Establishment certificate
- Aadhaar Card if required
- Additional documents (If Any)
Office Locations & Contacts
Director of Seed Certification and Organic Certification
1424A, Thadagam Road, Coimbatore - 641 013.
Phone - 0422-2432984 Tele fax - 0422-2457554
E-mail - [email protected]
Link for Contact: link www.seedtamilnadu.com is the department portal. But it is not showing as expected
- Registered seed processing / production unit shall apply
- Registered seed farm shall apply
Any variety to become eligible for seed certification should meet the following requirement:
- General requirements
- Should be a notified variety under Section-5 of the Indian Seed Act, 1966.
- Should be in the production chain and its pedigree should be traceable.
- Field standards
- Field standards include the selection of site, isolation requirements, spacing, planting ratio, border rows etc.
- Specific requirements
- Presence of off-types in any seed crop, pollen-shedders in Sorghum, Bajra, Sunflower etc., Shedding tassels in maize crosses, disease affected plants, objectionable weed plants etc., should be within the maximum permissible levels for certification.
- Seed Standards as per state norms : Minimum seed certification standards have been evolved crop-wise.
As quoted by authorities.
- The validity period shall be nine months or as per respective state norms from the date of test at the time of initial certification.
- The validity period could be further extended for another Six months provided on re-testing seed conforms to the prescribed standards in respect of physical purity, germination and insect/pest damage for all seeds except vegetative propagated materials for which lot shall be re-examined for seed standards specified for respective crops.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Once the Seed Analysis Report is ready, the certificate shall be issued immediately.
- As the applicant is already a registered entity and has followed all the steps required to become a valid seed supplier, the seed certification for the submitted lot shall be processed immediately.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Full Name and Address of the applicant
- Full particulars of the names of seeds to be handled
- Mobile number
Need for the Document
- Seed certification is required in order to ensure pure, quality, resistant and healthy seeds.
- Seed certification is a quality assurance process.
- Without seed certification one shall not use the tag for further business terms.
- Seed Processing is refining post-harvested seed to its purest form for replanting purposes and human/animal consumption.
Information which might help
- Carry all the necessary documents.
- Make a photocopy of your filled form for future reference.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Link for general seed certification standards : link
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.