Vellore - Obtain Pesticide or Insecticide Residue Testing Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain Pesticide or Insecticide Residue Testing Permit in Vellore.
- The applicant laboratory can reach out to the NABL Secretariat (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration of Laboratories) for the license form. The contact information can be found here Contacts.
- Enquiries for accreditation or application form may be addressed to Information cell or mail at [email protected]
- The application form is also available at Application form NABL 153 -> Application Form for Medical Testing Laboratories
- The application form has to be downloaded by the applicant laboratory, fill-up the requested details and sign the form duly and submit it to the office of NABL.
- The necessary details in the application, in three copies along with two copies of the quality manual of the CAB that should describe the management system in accordance with ISO/ IEC 17025: 2005 or ISO 15189: 2012 or ISO/IEC 17043:2010 or ISO 17034:2016 whichever is applicable must be submitted at the NABL office.
- The supporting proof documents has to be attached along with the application.
- The application is to be accompanied with the prescribed application fee.
- NABL Secretariat on receipt of application form, the quality manual and the fees issues an acknowledgement to the applicant laboratory indicating a unique ID number, which is used for correspondence with the laboratory.
- After scrutiny of application for its completeness in all respects, NABL Secretariat may ask for additional information/ clarification(s), if necessary.
- In case there are no inadequacies in the quality manual or after satisfactory corrective action by the the applicant laboratory, a pre -assessment visit of the laboratory is organised by lead assessor appointed by NABL. The pre-assessment of the CAB (Conformity Assessment Body) is conducted to evaluate non-conformities (if any) in the implementation of the quality system
- The lead assessor submits a pre-assessment report to NABL Secretariat with a copy to the laboratory. The laboratory takes corrective actions on the non-conformities raised on the documented management system and its implementation and submits a report to NABL Secretariat.
- The status will be updated in the NABL website. The applicant laboratory can check the same from the website.
- When the recommendation results in the grant of accreditation, NABL issues an accreditation certificate which has a unique number and NABL hologram, discipline, date of validity along with the scope of accreditation. The certificate can be collected by the respective laboratories from the office. The laboratory can also request the authority through email for the certificate.
- To apply online visit the official website of NABL: Contact Link.
- The applicant laboratory must be registered as a user with the NABL portal. Testing and Calibration laboratories can apply only as per ISO/IEC 17025: 2017.
- In case of existing user click login here button. If you are a new user, click on the register here button.
- Now create a new account by filling up the requested details. The registration form available at the below link Registration Form
- In the registration form, for type of CAB select testing from the drop down list among the five types. Enter the address, Country, State, City and contact details information. Give your email address and mobile number and click send OTP. You will receive OTP on your mobile number and email id. You have to validate your mobile number and email id with that OTP.
- After entering OTP, your mobile number and email id will be validated and thereafter registration can be done. After successful registration, you will receive Username and password on your email id.
- Go to the registered user login page URL:Login Enter the credentials you receive in your email id. After submitting the credentials you will be redirected to change password screen. It is mandatory for first time user to change the password
- After changing password, it opens a new page with button “Create New Application”.
- Click on create new application, it shows the options “Applying for” choose the option First Accreditation and click on submit
- After submitting the option, you will be redirected to Laboratory details page. Complete the laboratory details with all the mandatory details.
- In Lab details, if you click yes for “Does accreditation sought for different locations”, it will add new tab “Location details” where you can add multiple locations. For legal identity details, select and upload documents. After saving the form, click Next and you will be redirected to new tab.
- In new tab location details, it shows a default location. This is the location which user has added in laboratory details. User can add more locations by clicking on button “Click here”.
- After adding location, it will be redirected to discipline details page.
- For discipline details page, select the Discipline of testing from the dropdown and select the Group from dropdown
- After adding Discipline Details, you will be redirected to “Scope of Accreditation” tab.
- For location, it shows those values in dropdown which you have added in second tab location details. For selecting discipline, it shows those values in dropdown which you have added in third tab Discipline Details.
- Name of the product/ material to be tested is required to be filled, however subgroup and product/ material may be same in certain cases. If CAB has selected multiple types of facilities then the box will show all types of facilities selected. If same test is to be applied at multiple facilities, multiple selections can be made accordingly to avoid repetitions.
- Then fill in test method, year of publication and type of range of testing.
- Now go to organization, once you upload the relevant documents, it opens a separate section for filling employee details. Fill the employee details as required.
- After completing the organization details, click on equipment and enter all the details as required. Unique Identification number is auto generated by the laboratory on its own for each & every equipment individually under scope of accreditation
- If the equipment is calibrated externally, the name of calibration agency along with the location to be specified in the box provided. If the equipment is calibrated in-house, the traceability details of the master equipment/ reference standard used for calibration to be specified in the box provided
- After completing the equipment details, click on “Next” tab. It opens the form for reference materials.
- After completing the details of reference materials, click on “Next” tab. It opens the form for quality control activity.
- When whole form is completed, click on enclosure list. If there is any detail which is missing, then it will be shown under pendency tab. If it meets with all the details, then it will show green tick in front of it under availability column. When whole form is complete, it will show green tick in front of it and declaration form will be visible with Terms and conditions.
- After completing all the information/ previewing the application click “Proceed to payment”. It will ask password for submission of application. Once the password is entered by the user the application will be finally submitted.
- After final submission, it shows “View report button”. Clicking on it opens the preview from where you can download the form also.
- After making payment, the application will be redirected to the declaration of the form. At the bottom, it shows submit button. Click on submit button and it will ask for password.
- Once correct password is inputted, the application is submitted successfully. The status is updated in the NABL website.
- The certificate can be collected by the respective laboratories in person or an email is sent by the laboratories to NABL requesting the certificates.
The below documents are required
- Copy of completed application form
- Copy of laboratory Quality Manual
- Duly signed NABL-131
Office Locations & Contacts
CEO, NABL National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
Plot No. 45,
Gurugram – 122003,
Email for info/query: [email protected]
(Landmark – Near HUDA City Centre Metro Station, Behind Fortis Hospital)
To check the list of accredited laboratories in your particular state go to website.
Click on accredited laboratory under laboratory search.
Select state “Tamil Nadu”
Scientific and Industrial Testing and Research Center, Coimbatore
Scientific and Industrial Testing and Research Centre # 83 & 84,
Avarampalayam Road, K.R.Puram, Coimbatore-641 006,
Tamil Nadu, India Phone No.1 : 0422-2562612
Fax No(s) : 0422-2562612
Email-Id: [email protected]
- Once the laboratory decides to seek NABL accreditation, it should make a definite plan of action for obtaining accreditation and nominate a responsible person to co-ordinate all activities related to seeking accreditation who should be familiar with laboratories existing quality system.
- The laboratory should get fully acquainted with relevant NABL documents and understand the assessment procedure and methodology for filing an application.
- A laboratory wishing to be accredited by NABL must have a Quality Manual on its Quality System satisfying the requirements as described in various clauses of ISO/ IEC 17025:2005 or ISO 15189:2012 or ISO/IEC 17043:2010 or ISO 17034:2016 whichever is relevant and requirements of relevant NABL specific criteria and needs to ascertain the status of its existing quality system and technical competence.
- The proposed Quality manager shall have undergone 4-days formal training on management system and internal audit based on relevant standard
- The applicant laboratory must have conducted at least one internal audit and a management review before the submission of application.
- The laboratory must ensure that the procedures described in the Quality Manual and other documents are being implemented. In case the laboratory performs site testing/ calibration, it must also comply with NABL 130 “Specific criteria for site testing and site calibration laboratories.
The online application fee of Rs .11000 and added tax of Rs 1980 is collected. Total of Rs 12980 has to be paid by the applicant. The fee depends on the amount fixed by NABL and may vary accordingly.
The accreditation is valid for 2-years with an annual surveillance and a re-assessment every two years.
Documents to Use
- New user registration form – Registration Form
- Accreditation Documents – Link NABL 153 -> Application Form for Medical Testing Laboratories
- Procedure for updation of details - Procedure Form
The sample application document filling procedure is available at the below link :
User application form Application Form
The duration of assessment shall be normally 5 days depending upon the scope applied.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- To obtain pesticide or insecticide residue testing permit the laboratory has to be accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration of Laboratories (NABL) in the field of chemical testing as per ISO/IEC 17025:2005 to ensure the generation of authentic data.
- Laboratory has to fill the requisite information initially and the information will be pre-fetched in future.
- The laboratory is required to fill the requisite information correctly and consciously as it an important part of accreditation.
- The laboratory is held responsible for the information provided in the application irrespective of the person who is filling the information.
- Any incorrect or insufficient information provided intentionally while filling the requisite information is treated as “Misleading/ Malpractice/ Fraud” and actions as per NABL 216 will be initiated which may also lead to calling off assessment.
- All the test reports issued for the accredited scope under Integrated Assessment shall bear NABL symbol in line with NABL 133 ‘Policy for Use of NABL Symbol and/ or Claim of Accreditation by Accredited Conformity Assessment Bodies (CAB) & NABL Accredited CAB Combined ILAC MRA Mark’
- Laboratory Details
- Accreditation Details
- Equipment and Reference Materials
- Internal Audit and Management Review
- Proficiency Testing
Need for the Document
- Accredited laboratories play an important role in the value chain for assurance of products and services. Being an NABL accredited laboratories in accordance with ISO/IEC 17043 gives the organization credibility for their Proficiency Testing services.
- Improvement in the performance of tests/calibrations following investigation and identification of the cause(s) of unsatisfactory testing performance, and the introduction of corrective action to prevent re-occurrence.
- Evaluation of methods, including the establishment of method precision and accuracy.
Information which might help
- In case NABL or other authorities (who have granted approval under integrated assessment) receive any complaint about any recognized/ accredited/ approved laboratory, a team comprising of NABL, respective regulatory authority and any other technical expert as deemed fit may be constituted and joint investigation may be carried out. In case, serious violations and / fraudulent activities are observed, then action including suspension or withdrawal of accreditation and Recognition and (or) approval shall be taken.
- Accreditation and Recognition/ Approval of testing laboratories through integrated assessment, shall be subject to the annual on-site surveillance visits to verify the continued compliance to the said requirements
- NABL is open to receive complaint against its accreditation related activities.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what other uses of obtaining this document /certificate are.
e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.