Vellore - Obtain License or Permit for Pest Control Service
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain License or Permit for Pest Control Service in Vellore.
- Applicants must visit the office of the Deputy Commissioner/ District Collector/District Magistrate to apply for the license or permit for Pest Control Services: Link
- Collect the application form from the concerned authority and fill in all the details. You can also download the form from the following link: Link
- Please make sure you have all the documents that are listed down the “Required Document” section of this page.
- Attach the copies of all the required documents along with the application form and submit it to the authorities.
- Provide all the original documents to the licensing authority for verification.
- After validation of the documents, pay the required application fee to the concerned authority and keep the receipt safe for future requirements.
- Next, wait for the licensing authority to call you for visiting the premises for inspection.
- After inspection of the premises, if the licensing authority is satisfied that all the rules have been followed then the license will be granted.
- The applicant will receive a message/call on the registered phone number to collect the license from the office of the Deputy Commissioner.
- The official website of Central Insecticides Board and Registration Committee Link only considers the applications for registration of insecticides, applications for permission to import a small quantity of insecticide/chemical for the purpose of examination, analysis, test and trails, and application for inclusion of chemical/ substances in the schedule to the Insecticide Act, 1968.
- In case the application gets rejected, you can fill in the form and submit it again along with the registration fees.
- In the case of re-registration, the applicant must provide the computer serial number of the previous or rejected application.
- Certificate of Completion of Training by Indian Pest Control Association.
- GST details
- Passport size photographs.
- Copy of Proof of insecticide license
- Copy of bank passbook
- Copy of academic certificate
- Copy of technical certificate
- Copy of appointment letter of the technical person ( in case of the employee only)
- Affidavit ( The format will be available after successful registration)
- Declaration ( The format will be available after successful registration)
- Certificate of registration of the company and/ or trade names including the names of the persons running the business.
- Aadhar card
- PAN Card.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Office locations and contacts of Deputy Commissioner of Tamil Nadu: Link
- Contact details of Central Insecticide Board and Registration Committee (CIB&R): Link
- The applicant must be above 18 years of age.
- The applicant must be a graduate in Agriculture or Science with Chemistry or must have done a 3 years diploma course in Agricultural Extension Services for Input Dealers (DAESI).
- The applicant must have at least one year of practical pesticide application experience as a proprietor, partner/director of the firm, or company or having in its employment at the time of registration.
- The applicant must have one year of practical experience with the same firm or company and must have at least one person in the company with similar experience with the company.
- A person must undergo 15 days of training in fumigation and prophylaxis from one of the following institutes
- Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore.
- Indian Grain Storage Institute, Hapur.
- National Institute of Plant Health Management, Hyderabad.
- Each applicant must be sponsored by two existing IPCA members who have been in the pest control business for at least 2 years, has no dues pending, and at least one of them must be from your zone.
- The applicant should hold the valid licenses required to undertake pest control operations.
- Submit an affidavit or undertaking stating that you have fulfilled all the requirements for becoming a member of the association by complying with clause 5.1(a) and 5.2(b) of the Indian constitution.
- Application fee details shall be provided by the concerned licensing officer.
- The license shall be valid for the period specified therein unless cancelled before by the licensing officer.
Documents to Use
- Application for the Grant of Licence to Stock and Use Restricted Insecticides for Commercial Pest Control Operations: Link
- Other CIBRC (Central Insecticides Board and Registration Committee ) Forms: Link
Certificate of Licence to Stock and Use Restricted Insecticides for Commercial Pest Control Operations: Link
- It takes nearly six to seven months to process the application for registering a pest control service.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Before registering for a Pest Control Service, you need to acquire a few licenses,
- License from central insecticide board and registration committee: The license is provided by the Central Insecticide Board and Registration Committee under the Insecticide Act 1968 to certify that the pesticides used by your agency are safe. The Act was imposed to regulate the import, manufacture, sale, transport, distribution, and use of insecticides with an aim to prevent risk to humans, animals, and livestock. Here is the application for registration of insecticides: Link
- License to manufacture insecticide: The license gives permission to the pest control agency to manufacture insecticides. Here is the application form for the grant of license to manufacture insecticides: Link
- License to sell, stock, and distribute insecticide: It gives the agency permissions to sell, stock as well as distribute insecticide. Here is the application form for the grant of license to sell, stock, or exhibit for sale or distribute insecticides: Link
- License for use of restricted insecticide for the commercial operator: It grants the agency permission to use restricted insecticides for commercial purposes. Here is the application form for the grant of license to stock and use restricted insecticide(s) for commercial pest control operation(s): Link
- Full name and address, the status of the applicant
- Category of business
- Address of the premises
- The common name and trade name, the brand name of the insecticides which the applicant proposes to use.
- If the planning to import, then information is required
- Name and address of the manufacturer
- Name and address of the supplier
- Is it registered in the country?
- In case of manufacture, details regarding chemical formulation
- Information on the insecticide storage condition
- Shelf life details
- Details regarding the toxicity of the product to humans, plants, animals toxicological data to be enclosed (as per details specified by the Registration Committee).
- The plant disease, insects, and other poisonous animals and weeds against which it is intended to be used. (published/authenticated reports on bioefficacy of the insecticide to be enclosed as per details specified by the registration committed.
- Instructions on storage and first aid including precautionary measures.
- If manufacturing the insecticide keep almost 8-10 copies of labels and leaflets, including all printed and graphic matter)
- Details regarding the fees deposited
- The application form including the verification portion must be signed in case of an individual, by the individual himself or a person duly authorized by him; in case of Hindu undivided family, by the Karta; in case of a partnership firm, by the managing partner, in case of a company, by a person duly authorized in the behalf by the Board of Directors and in any other case, by a person in charge of or responsibility for the conduct of the business.
- One Self-addressed stamped envelope and one stamped envelope must be enclosed along with the application.
Need for the Document
- The license for Pest control services is provided to a company or firm to allow them to perform commercial pest control operations.
Information which might help
- The license for pest control agency was made mandatory to control the use of hazardous and restricted life-threatening pesticides for commercial use in order to remove harmful insects, rodents, and pests from the life cycle.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Here are few links that will help in the procedure
More information which might help to make this process in Vellore can be obtained below.
More information which might help people.