Vellore - Obtain Learner Driving License(LLR)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain Learner Driving License(LLR) in Vellore.
- To apply for a Learner Driver License in Vellore the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
- Please make sure you have all the documents that are listed down the “Required Document” section of this page.
- Application forms Form-2, Medical Certificate - Form-1A, Form-1 are required which can be downloaded from the following link : Form 1, Form 1A and Form 2
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for applying Learner Driver License by goig through the requirements that are listed under the “Eligibility” section of this page.
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
Apply online - Vellore Obtain a Learner Driver Licence online with Images
- First one has to make sure that all the required documents are in hand to apply online.
- In order to apply for online, please follow the link : online portal
- Please select "Online Services" from the menu and click on "Driver License Related Services".
- You will be taken to a new screen where you have to select “Tamil Nadu” in the drop down menu against “Please select the State from where the service is to be taken”.
- In the next window, please click “Apply Online” to select “New Learners License” option. The following screen gives you the general information to apply. Here please hit “Continue” to get the next screen.
- Please select and enter appropriate option prompted for and click “Submit” to get the new page. This new page will prompt to enter details and also need to upload the required documents. Once completed, click “submit” at the bottom of the form to process the application.
- Take printout of the application form including Acknowledgement and go to nearest RTO office before 11:30 a.m. and submit the application to the RTO official. Authorities will advice the fee amount to be paid. On the appropriate counter pay the fees and submit the application and documents to process the application as per how the apply in person will be processed
- You can take printout of online application form with the help of the link: application link
- Select “Tamil Nadu” in the drop down menu against “Please select the State from where the service is to be taken”
- In the next window, please click “Download Forms” to select “Print application form” option
- Please enter your application number and other detail in the next window and hit ”Submit” to follow the next window to get the printout.
- You can book appointment with RTO using the following link online appointment link
- Please click “Appointment (Slot Booking)” to select “Driving skill Test” option. In the new window select appropriate option and hit submit to process your request to book appointment.
Apply through e-Service centers or Common Service Centers (CSC)
- You can also approach the e-service centers or the CSC centers for availing this service.
- You can find the e-service centers in the municipality office or teshil office in your area.
- You can also find the e-service centers by providing appropriate information under the following link : E-Service Centers Link
- Necessary Documents
- Application in Form 2
- Aadhaar Card
- Medical Certificate in Form 1A
- Application cum Declaration as to the Physical Fitness in Form 1
- Address Proof (any one of the following to be produced)
- Ration Card / Electoral Roll / LIC Policy / Passport / E.B.or Telephone bill / Pay slip issued by Govt. Office or a local body / House tax Receipt / School Certificate / Birth Certificate / Affidavit given by the Magistrate or Notary Public
- Age Proof
- Birth Certificate / School Certificate / Passport / LIC Policy / Affidavit given by the Magistrate or Notary Public / Certificate given by Civil Surgeon
- 2 Passport Sized Photo
- Blood group lab copy(for proof of blood group verification).
Office Locations & Contacts
Ezhilagam, Chepauk, Chennai - 600 005.
Tamil Nadu State - Transport Department Contacts: RTO Office List
Any person who has completed:
- 16 years of age is eligible to get a license for driving a Motor Cycle without Gear - Not exceeding 50 cc.
- 18 years of age is eligible to get a license for driving a Motor Cycle with Gear and Light Motor Vehicle.
- 20 years of age is eligible to get a license for driving a Transport Vehicle, if he/she has One year experience in Non-Transport vehicle without history of traffic rules violation.
- Also, no person shall be granted a learners licence to drive a medium or heavy goods vehicle or passenger vehicle unless he has held a driving licence valid for a light motor vehicle (LMV) for at least one year.
Learner License (Form 3) each class (class - Motorcycle, Car) - 180 INR
Repeat test fee for each class (class - Motorcycle, Car) - 180 INR
More fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fee information
Learners Licence is valid only for six months.
Note: One can apply for a permanent license only after a month after receiving Leaner's License
Documents to Use
After completion of Learner's test, the Licence will be issued on the same day or within a weeks time.
Tamil Nadu - Obtain Learner Driving License (LLR)
தமிழ்நாடு - கற்பவர் டிரைவர் உரிமம் பெறுதல் (LLR)
By having a LLR, a person can drive the bike in main road with the presence of driving license holder in driving bike. The validity of the LLR is 6 months before that he/she should take driving license. If the LLR is expired he/she should put new LLR to get the license. After one month of learning a driving he/she should apply for license to rto by getting the driving licence form. After the application, the rto will call for a test to get a license.
Follow the below instruction to obtain LLR:
- The persons who intend to get Learners Licence must apply in Form 2 along with the required documents either by walk-in or online.
- Tamil Nadu government announced the people who wants to get the LLR can apply through the Online.
- By applying online would enable the license seekers to save time spent on visiting Regional Transport Offices and waiting there for long hours.
- Another advantage was the person could choose the date and time on which he could visit the RTO for initial tests to get the LLR.
- Preliminary written test will be conducted in the Regional Transport Office. The objective type questions will test the knowledge in traffic sings, traffic rules and regulations.
Forms can be downloaded from the following link All forms
- Full name of the Applicant
- Father's Name
- Permanent Address / Temporary Address
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Education Qualification
- Identification Marks
- Blood Group
Need for the Document
A Driving Licence is an official document certifying that the holder is suitably qualified to drive a motor vehicle. Under the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act,1988 in India, no person can drive a motor vehicle in any public place unless he holds a valid Driving Licence issued to him.
In India, two kinds of Driving Licences are issued: Learners Licence and Permanent Licence.A Learners Licence is essential for obtaining a Permanent Licence.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.