Vellore - Obtain Hazardous Waste License or Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain Hazardous Waste License or Permit in Vellore.
- To propose for a Hazardous Waste Permit in person, the proponent has to visit the Regional office of the Vellore Pollution Control Board.
- The Regional Office can be visited or contacted with the help the link given below: Tamilnadu Pollution Control Board
- Visit the Regional Office and get the Application form for HW Permit or use the following link to download the Application form: Hazardous Waste Application
- Please fill the application with essential information and details and it should be attested with the applicant’s signature.
- Make sure that you have all the documents that are listed in “Required Documents” section of this page. Attach all the important documents mentioned.
- Then, it should be submitted to the District Environmental Engineer who will further put the application and attached documents into scrutiny to check if there is any deficiency.
- If anything found, it will be returned to the industry online within seven days from the date of application. The industry is supposed to resubmit the application or provide proper clarification for the deficiency.
- The corrected complete application is now sent to the Inspection of Site and examined by the concerned Engineer.
- If the inspection finds any incorrect information, the DEE shall return the application within 24 hours of inspection and obtain the correct information online.
- Once when all the furnished information is found sufficient by the Engineer concerned, the Inspection Report shall be submitted within 24 hours without fail.
- After further processes, the hard copy of the signed Authorization order shall be despatched within a day of approval, to the proponent.
- For obtaining authorization for handling Hazardous wastes, you have to visit the OCMMS module in TNPCB website using the following link: Apply Online
- If you already have an Industry registration, login using your User ID and Password. Else, make a new registration by clicking on “New Industry Registration” button in the “User Login” tab.
- Fill all the fields asked in both the “Industry Details” and “Occupier Details” and click on “Save” button. Your “User ID” and an one time “Password” will be provided which can be changed later.
- Registration details will appear. Click on “Print” and save the details for later use. Login using the Username and changed Password.
- Click on “Waste Management” tab (present at the top). Then, click on “Apply Authorization” tab and then select “Hazardous Waste” in the drop-down menu that appears. Application module with required tabs will open.
- Please provide the details asked under the tab “General Details” and then jump to the tab “Hazardous Waste Generation Details”. Provide the details asked click on “Add” button to proceed to the next step.
- In the “HW Generators” tab, select “Yes” if you are a generator and proceed to fill the details and click “Save” button. Now, “TSDF Operators” tab will open.
- Incase if you are a TSDF operator, select “Yes” and fill up the details needed and click “Save” button to go to the “Recyclers/Pre-processors/Co-processors/Users” tab. Select “Yes” and fill the details required if you are the actual user. Click “Save” button and keep going.
- After filling each tab, you will be asked a question whether to save the application as “Completed” or “In Progress”. Select “In Progress” and Click “Save” button, so that the details can be saved and used for filling application in future.
- Now, “Documents” tab will be opened. Click “Upload” button to upload the necessary documents by clicking on “Choose File” button. Once all the documents are attached, click “Save“ button and proceed.
- If any additional document needs to be added, it can be added in the next page by entering the name of the document in the field provided and clicking “Choose File” button, then “Save” button.
- After completing this, click on “Exit” button. Finally, click on “Complete” button and the “Save” button, so that the application is completed and submitted successfully.
- After successful submission of the application, it will be taken to the glance of District Environmental Engineer (DEE) for verification and further processes. If the DEE finds any mistake in the application or documents attached, it will be returned to the industry and the industry can find it in the “Waste Management” tab in the OCMMS module.
- And if the authorization has been sanctioned, the User can view and download the certificate by clicking on “View Authorization Certificate”.
- Covering Letter
- List and Quantity of Raw Materials Used
- List and Quantity of products manufactured
- Manufacturing process and source of generation of Hazardous waste
- Copy of Agreement made with the TSDF
- Copy of the latest consent order/renewal issued
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board,
76, Mount Road,
Guindy, Chennai - 600 032.
Phone: 044 2235 3134
Fax: 044 2235 3068
Email: [email protected]
Website: Tamilnadu Pollution Control Board, Tamilnadu Pollution Control Board Regional Office
- Industries should apply for the HW Authorization only after obtaining the valid Consent/Renewal of consent order.
- The one who applies for HW authorization must be eligible of providing reliable Operating Facility for managing the hazardous wastes effectively.
- The operating facility will be needful for specialized supervision and better instrumentation.
- Hazardous wastes can hardly be reliably disposed a loose confederation. A dedicated operating agency can only offer a solution. Industry and regulatory authorities should, therefore, groom such operating agencies.
Please approach the concerned authorities for the fees structure.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
On receipt of complete application in all respects, TNPCB will take a period of about 120 days for the issuance of authorization.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- It has to be ensured that applicants should not have submitted applications (either Consent or HWA or BWA) using more than one User Id for the industry location.
- INSPECTION REPORT will also be sent to the industries as attachment along with authorization. Provision has been made in the HWA module such that when authorization is generated and application is closed after approval, authorization and IR are made available for the industry to download.
- Hence, the users shall mention in the additional condition that the IR is attached along with authorization while ’preparing authorization order’.
- In case of Actual users, passbook will be issued by the Board along with Authorisation for maintaining records of Hazardous and Other wastes purchased by the Actual users.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or Country of Birth.
Need for the Document
The authorization of Hazardous Wastes is essential for handling the hazardous wastes with consent of the Pollution Control authorities.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.