Vellore - Obtain Economically Weaker Section Certificate (EWS or GEN-EWS)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain Economically Weaker Section Certificate (EWS or GEN-EWS) in Vellore.
The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed upon production of an income and asset certificate issued by a respective authority.
- To apply, applicant has to go to the thasildhar office. Link for contact : link AND link2
- Application form can be obtained from the office while you visit. Applicant can also download the form through the link provided in our document session.
- Complete the form. Affix the passport size photo. Attach all the required documents and submit it to the respective receiving authority in the office. (please follow the authorities advise to complete the process, if any revenue stamp to be affixed – please affix as advised).
- Applicant should provide mobile number to get SMS alerts about status. Authorities will check for the details and documents. Documents will be cross verified with originals. So, carry originals while applying. If all are in place, this application request will be entered in the respective registry or in the computer for further processing.
- A reference number will be given to the applicant for the application submitted. Keep it safe for future reference.
- Authorities will also mention a approximate date for issuance of certificate.
- Thasildhar will process the application through his authorities. The internal processing such as verification/Inspection/authenticity of the documents submitted will take place.
- Besides verification of village/area accounts, administrative officers should conduct local enquiry. The revenue inspector and the deputy thasildhar should also conduct a discreet enquiry before recommending the EWS certificate.
- If the results are satisfactory, thasildhar will decide on the issuance of certificate.
- Once the certificate is ready, applicant will be notified to collect the certificate from the office.
- This certificate will have the declaration from the authority undersigned with valid timeline and photo of the applicant.
- On the said date collect the certificate from the respective office where the applicant applied. Applicant has to sign in the registry and receive the certificate.
- Soon after issue of the income and asset certificate, all such certificates will be uploaded on the district website.
- This certificate is subjected to cancellation, if any of the provided document Or information is fabricated in order to get the benefits.
- Application form : Form link -please refer page-7 for form.
- Income certificate.
- Caste certificate.
- Domicile certificate.
- Property certificate.
- Passport size photo.
- Notary authorized self-declaration (to ensure the genuineness of the information furnished by the applicant – can source from the notary office).
- Pan card.
- Bank statement.
- Aadhaar card.
- Note: please refer our wikiprocedure.com and find the respective procedures to obtain income, caste, domicile, pan, aadhaar for the respective state.
Office Locations & Contacts
Greater Chennai Corporation,
Sydenhams Rd, Kannappar Thidal,
Periyamet, Chennai - 600003,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Ph : +91 044-25619300 / 044-25384438
e-mail : [email protected]
Fax : 25383962.
Contact Link:link AND link
- Applicant from general category.
- Family income below 8 lakhs INR or as per state norms.
- Family owned agricultural land less than 5 acres.
- Residential flat owned by family which is less than 1000 sq.ft.
- Residential plot less than 100 sq. Yards and 200 sq. Yards in selected municipalities as per the state norms.
- No fees.
- Stamp charges as advised by authorities if required.
As per the timeline provided on the certificate.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- 15 days time.
- If in case this certificate need to be furnished for a requirement with short time notice period, then applicant can request the authorities for availing the certificate little earlier.
Tamil Nadu - Obtain Economically Weaker Section Certificate (EWS Or GEN-EWS)
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.