Vellore - Obtain Duplicate Certificate as Tourist Guide
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain Duplicate Certificate as Tourist Guide in Vellore.
FOR REGIONAL LEVEL GUIDE:
- To apply for Duplicate Tourist Guide Certificate, applicant has to visit the Vellore Ministry of Tourism office.
- For Vellore Ministry of Tourism office contact click here: Tourism Office
- If the tour guide lost his license or it has been damaged in natural calamities / accidents, he should approach the nearest police station and file a complaint.
- Tour guide has to apply for the duplicate license along with the FIR obtained from the police station. He must include a letter stating the reason for applying the duplicate copy.
- Now get the relevant application form from the authorities and fill the form with valid details appropriately.
- Now complete the form with necessary information and make sure you have all the documents in hand that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- After filling the form, attach the documents mentioned in the required documents section below with the completed application form.
- Submit the form along with the required documents to the authorities.
- Now collect the acknowledgment slip from the authorities.
- Now the authorities will verify your application and validate the submitted documents.
- After the verification process, applicant shall receive the duplicate copy of tourist guide certificate.
- Damaged copy of the tour guide certificate – if available.
- Application Form
- Aadhaar card.
- Voter ID card.
- Smart Card.
- PAN Card.
- First Information Report (FIR).
- Justification Document for Duplicate copy.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Tourism,:
Government of India,
India tourism CHENNAI,
154, Anna Salai,
Tamil Nadu – 600002.
Phone: 044-28461459, 044-28460285.
Email: [email protected]
Contact Link: Tourism Office
- Applicant whose tourist guide certificate is lost / damaged can apply for duplicate certificate.
- Applicant would have to apply afresh for the duplicate guide license on the basis of First Information Report (FIR) and statement that the guide license has been lost.
Fees varies from time to time.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Tour guide is fully responsible for the guide license issued to him.
- Name of the Applicant
- Contact number
- E mail ID
- PAN number
- Residential Address
Need for the Document
To interact with the tourists as a guide you must hold a valid Tour Guide License.
Information which might help
- Tourist guides play a major role in collaborating with tourists who visit our Country / Region / State.
- Tourist guide is responsible for the people who visit the country. They should project correct image of the country, explain the facts about the destination and make the tourists feel comfortable and ensure safety.
There are 4 categories of Regional Level Tourist Guides
- General – These guides can work as a regional level guide on a full time basis.
- General Linguistic – Ministry of Tourism will identify the guides with fluency in foreign languages.
- Expert Guides – This is a special category in the tourist guide sector. In this category, scholars or specialists in the fields of tourism will be placed.
- Expert Linguistic – In this category, scholars or specialists with fluency in foreign language will be placed.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
One who holds the Tour guide license can be officially allotted as the state / central government tourist guide.
More information which might help to make this process in Vellore can be obtained below.
Prior to issuing of guiding license, the candidates would have to undergo a verification of their antecedents through the Police and any adverse report would lead to immediate disqualification of the candidate.